Author Topic: Carburettor Jet rubber seals  (Read 380 times)

Offline cooleronthecoast

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Carburettor Jet rubber seals
« on: June 05, 2020, 07:20:08 PM »
After playing around with float heights and finding I had a small crack in one of the carb float bowl brass overflow tubes, I thought I'd sorted my fuel leak issues but alas after a short ride last week, there was a tell tale pool of fuel underneath the bike.  :(.   Determined to get it sorted once and for all, I bought a set of new O ring seals from Julie (Nurse Julie) on here and I'm pleased to say after an afternoon in the garage with the carbs off (yet again!) they seem to have sorted the issue.   I have to say the old ones virtually fell apart as I prised them off,  they definitely needed replacing.   So a quick vote of thanks from me to Julie for sending  the replacements so quickly and I will take the bike for a much longer ride over the weekend (weather permitting) to make sure everything is now hunky dory.  I do need to balance the carbs again, but they don't seem to be too far out according to my short test ride this evening.  The moral of the story I guess is if you have the carbs apart doing other work and you don't know when the seals were last renewed, change them anyway.   
Now where did I put that 10mm socket?

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Carburettor Jet rubber seals
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 09:09:36 PM »
That sounds like good progress John, it most certainly is worth changing all the O rings if they are old and crumbly.
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal