Author Topic: Wiring help please  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Wiring help please
« on: June 25, 2009, 08:22:59 AM »
Hello All,
I am after a bit more advice please. I am in the throes of finishing off my wiring (now that I have some idea of the P.O's adjuatments). The bit that I have a bit of a block on is the power from the battery.
My systen uses a single fuse and looking at the wiring diagram, this has a red/white wire on one side (to/from the rectifier) and a red wire on the other side (to/from the ignition switch). I cannot find any way that the battery is actually connected to the wiring loom.
I think that the wiring should be a red from the battery to one side of the fuse and both red/white and red wires to their respective places (like on the K2)
Am I right??

Also I have 4 litres of Silkolene super 4 semi synthetic 20/50 nmotorcycle oil for the engine. I guess this is OK (I know it recommends 10/40, but this will be used for the summer and changed).

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

Online SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: Wiring help please
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 08:55:22 AM »
Don't have a 750 book but the 500 must be similar:

The +ve from the battery (thick/red) goes to the starter solenoid. From the same terminal of the starter solenoid should come two additional wires, a red one that goes to the fuse and then to the ignition switch (and then to the "loom") and a red/white from the rectifier.

HTH

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Wiring help please
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 12:19:44 PM »
Thanks for that Steve. I have looked at the wiring diagram for the 500 and it is very similar if not the same as my K1. However the detail regarding the solenoid connections is much clearer and solves my problem.
Thanks again
Seamus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal