Other Stuff > What is it?

What is it?

<< < (3/3)

flatfour:
Japanese motorcycles and cars all had a speed warning light (and in cars a buzzer as well) fitted to them when I worked there in the 1980's. The one in the picture does look the same as those that I remember.

From memory (at least on a car) dealers could adjust the timing of the warning, presumably to account for any changes in the law?

Seamus:
As above, definately a speed warning device. I worked on a japanese import several years ago and it had the lamp. Research at that time identified the beast.

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: Seamus on June 22, 2020, 08:49:00 AM ---As above, definately a speed warning device. I worked on a japanese import several years ago and it had the lamp. Research at that time identified the beast.

--- End quote ---

I have a CD250 JDM speedo/tacho combined ... same style as the CB72/CB450K0 unit and it has a little set of contacts inside that close when the needle/magnetic eddy current drum is up to Japanese speed limit. I also have that lamp NOS courtesy of BryanJ on here. I imported a CB175 wiring loom from Japan and it still had that canister attached. When I opened it up there was a little circuit board inside to take the speedo signal and drive the red lamp. I will probably fit it all to my 1969 JDM CB250SS.

SteveD CB500K0:
Whatever was on the circuit board Ash? Late 60’s microelectronics? [very small valves?]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: SteveD CB500K0 on June 22, 2020, 09:58:05 AM ---Whatever was on the circuit board Ash? Late 60’s microelectronics? [very small valves?]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

I will dig it out and have a look .. seemed quite modern on PCB .. I guess it was circa 1970/71.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version