Author Topic: Early CB750Uk K0's  (Read 1516 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Early CB750Uk K0's
« on: July 13, 2009, 11:43:22 PM »
Hi the Genuine UK Cb750K I am restoring has frame 1010382 which is very  close to the 1010369 (which is reported as the first UK reg) However my V5 says the date of 1st reg is 1st May 70 but I reckon the bike was made in 10/69. Anyone know what the frame numbers of the first UK batch were? My bike has black kill switch knob/double cut front guard and recessed ignition switch/oval rear lamp. I am sure it has the original fuel tank but it is not wrinkle although it has plain  chrome  finishing strips/Chromed alloy filler cap and badges with  raised dots. Just curious.  cheers Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
Re: Early CB750Uk K0's
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 10:44:44 AM »
 ;) Hi yes you have a very early CB750 probably in the first batch as they only came to the UK few and far between with the USA being the big market followed by the rest of the world and then" little ol blighty" them japs knew how to rub it in, i would not worry so much as to when it was registered as it could have been sitting in a shop for some time or the dealer did not want too sell it for a while,and we all know what the DVLA are like ,the USA have a better method of registering the age of manufactor VIN # and not date of registration :) frame1010369 is listed in the parts list as the first uk bike so is a good pointer (I think it was registered in january 1970)
 :-\ too add fuel to the fire  i have four CB750's the earliest registered in ireland in march 1970 frame 1015--- apparently one of the first two to go there (a bit of the old blarney methinks) i have an even earlier frame1015--- registered here in the UK june 1970 and a later frame 1018---- that was registered even earlier in april 1970 and too top it all i have a late frame#1032---that was registered in september 1970 after the launch of the CB750k1. the parts you listed are correct for your bike ,the wrinkle tank could have been changed at a later date, i have two bikes with wrinkle tanks and two without,so yours could still be the original,i dont think they made wrinkle tanks much after frame1018---

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Early CB750Uk K0's
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 03:55:43 PM »
Thanks Steff,

One theory I had was that the tank ( Candy Ruby Red) was damaged at the dealer or in transit before registration and they had to wait for a replacement. which, by the time it arrived was a non-wrinkle. BTW I had the paintwork refinished by a guy near Tadcaster who is next to John Wyatts resto place - superb job- I was recommended to him by Chris Rushton the UK Sandcast guru. He even painted on the stripes, as original.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 03:57:33 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal