Other Stuff > Where's My Old Bike?

JDN 712S CB750 F2

<< < (3/3)

Rob62:
Yes thats true, if more people were asking “where’s my old bike” there would be more connections...its a numbers game. My thoughts were that for those bikes that are known to be still out there ie sorned and particularly those taxed and thus being used, you would expect a decent percentage of the owners to be on here at one time or another and to have a look in that section..... but it doesn’t seem to work like that.

cooleronthecoast:
Ha ha ,One thing (on this rainy afternoon) this thread has done is to get me to look through some old photos and I've got one of my first 750 F2 showing the reg!   Rather than hi-jack this thread further I'll start a new one. Lol

AshimotoK0:
Yes that's the shop I meant John.

K2-K6:
It's one of those things that interest us for obvious reasons (finding out what happened to an old bike) and you never know when info will turn up.

I was at a bike meet a while ago,  got talking to someone that turned up on a bike like one my dad had owned,  remembered the reg number as it's in quite a few family photos,  he called someone in their owner's club,  and that person is the current owner of the bike.

First owned by my dad,  even raced in production races with a third place at the TT, and sold in 1954. All of us were amazed at this coming about from such tenuous links.  Just goes to show you can be surprisingly close to something unbeknown to you.

The reg numbers recorded on here certainly come up in general searches,  so if it's posted and someone now owning it looks for history, then there's a chance to connect however small.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version