Other Stuff > Where's My Old Bike?

JDN 712S CB750 F2

<< < (2/3) > >>

cooleronthecoast:
Another explanation might be they don't remember the Reg number!  I had two 750 F2's and I can't recall the reg of either bike.   :-[  To be honest, I struggle to remember the Reg numbers of the ones I have in the garage now!   Ain't old age a bugger.   

Ash is right DN in the reg was always a York plate.  One I do remember is my first road bike when I was 17 an RD200 Yamaha ODN493P.  You might be right that it first came from Alan Mountains Ash, but don't forget Shearsmiths on Blossom street sold Hondas too.

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: cooleronthecoast on July 27, 2020, 09:17:27 AM ---  You might be right that it first came from Alan Mountains Ash, but don't forget Shearsmiths on Blossom street sold Hondas too.

--- End quote ---

Yes you are dead right ... but all of the ones I seem to come across, including my 1st Honda CB400/4 XDN128R and my CB750K0 TAJ 30H, all came from Mountains. I always thought my 750 was the 1st 750 to be reg'd in Yorkshire but I heard a rumour from a very knowlegeable bloke that Mountains imported one before the 1st official batch came to the UK in Jan. 1970. My mate has Mountains second shop in Haley's terrace York but he flogs Enfields & scooters now. Who was the York dealer at the top of the A1079 Hull road who had bikes in an upstairs showroom?

Rob62:

--- Quote from: cooleronthecoast on July 27, 2020, 09:17:27 AM ---Another explanation might be they don't remember the Reg number!  I had two 750 F2's and I can't recall the reg of either bike.   :-[  To be honest, I struggle to remember the Reg numbers of the ones I have in the garage now!   Ain't old age a bugger.   

Ash is right DN in the reg was always a York plate.  One I do remember is my first road bike when I was 17 an RD200 Yamaha ODN493P.  You might be right that it first came from Alan Mountains Ash, but don't forget Shearsmiths on Blossom street sold Hondas too.

--- End quote ---
If they didn’t remember the reg no they would hardly be able to put it in the “find my bike” section 😉

cooleronthecoast:

--- Quote from: AshimotoK0 on July 27, 2020, 01:10:13 PM --- Who was the York dealer at the top of the A1079 Hull road who had bikes in an upstairs showroom?

--- End quote ---

Russells had the shop I think you are referring to.  That's where I got my RD200 from.  It was a family business and they had a large push bike shop too in the centre of town near the fire station.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

cooleronthecoast:

--- Quote from: Rob62 on July 27, 2020, 01:16:05 PM ---
If they didn’t remember the reg no they would hardly be able to put it in the “find my bike” section 😉

--- End quote ---

That's why I can't find my two 750's.  On a different thread I put the reg of my CBX-6 cos I have old pictures of it showing the number, but I think that and the RD200 are the only bike Reg numbers I recall from over 40 bikes I've owned.  I might be able to get a few others off old photos too perhaps.

My point was if more people (like me) could remember their old reg numbers, there might be a lot more posts in the 'Where's my old bike' thread, and therefore  might there be the opportunity of more original owners being re-united with their former steeds?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version