Author Topic: Tacho cable clip.  (Read 1465 times)

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Tacho cable clip.
« on: September 16, 2020, 04:08:33 PM »
Does anybody have a spare one of these they would sell. It's for a Black Bomber and it's the tacho cable support clip that keeps the cable off the horn and it's part number 50402-283-000. There's one for sale on eBay but I don't fancy paying £32 for a bit of wire. Cheers.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Tacho cable clip.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 05:56:47 PM »
It's your lucky day mate   :)  ... I have four and only one Black Bomber ! they are BZP though ..not sure what finish originally.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 05:58:40 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 07:59:58 PM »
Absolutely wonderful. Can I buy one from you please. I do believe that they should be BZP.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 08:19:01 PM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 08:31:13 PM »
Absolutely wonderful. Can I buy one from you please. I do believe that they should be BZP.

Don't be silly   :D ...   You can have one Roy 
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 08:39:32 PM »
Thanks Ash. No rush stick it in with the header pipe if it ever returns, still not got the headlight rim back 9 days after I paid for it.  BTW I couldn't use the scabby header it wouldn't fit the silencer. I think it is so rusty under the chrome it's size has swelled up by about 8 thou, there's also a big hole in it just in front of the clamp. You could probably cut it off and weld some new pipe in place. Will just wait for the real one to return, no rush now as this riding season is nearly over.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 11:10:34 PM »
Thanks Ash. No rush stick it in with the header pipe if it ever returns, still not got the headlight rim back 9 days after I paid for it.  BTW I couldn't use the scabby header it wouldn't fit the silencer. I think it is so rusty under the chrome it's size has swelled up by about 8 thou, there's also a big hole in it just in front of the clamp. You could probably cut it off and weld some new pipe in place. Will just wait for the real one to return, no rush now as this riding season is nearly over.

Chomer is dealing with you direct on the rechromed pipe Roy. Just bin the other scabby one. Bit confused though .. surely Mr. Silvers pattern silencers still use the insualting packing (item 9 in image below) ?

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 06:35:49 AM »
No there's no packing required. The silencers are not really for a K0 they are for a later model and they slip straight onto the header pipe. The pain is the rear brackets don't fit off either the bomber or the later versions so I am mid way through making bespoke stainless ones. They shouldn't make out that these are Bomber exhausts because there not. Control cables have become another problem as they advertise them for a UK bike but  they are all too long, clearly made for the higher bar USA version. Not one supplier can tell you the length of the cable when ordering. A fairly poor state of affairs. I may end up having special cables made for the front brake and clutch if the latest purchases don't fit, am trying a brake cable for a CB175. Thanks for the tacho clip Ash let me know what the postage costs you.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 07:14:22 AM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 07:26:08 AM »
Postage is free Roy .... a Jewish stamp collector gentleman and ex-colleague of Cathy flogged me a load of stamps cheap as they are pretty worthless (other than their 'real' stamp face value) since the internet came along.

I will check the control cables I got NOS for my own bike plus in my stash there is a plastic box full of old & used cables .. bound to be Bomber ones in there to compare and they were all off Briish models.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 07:40:54 AM »
I have all the original cables to compare. Ironically 4into 1 in America do a full set of short cables for the UK bike unfortunately they are black or it would be problem solved. I am told the ÇB175 cable is just right for the bomber, will let you know. Cheers.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 07:50:11 AM »
I have all the original cables to compare. Ironically 4into 1 in America do a full set of short cables for the UK bike unfortunately they are black or it would be problem solved. I am told the ÇB175 cable is just right for the bomber, will let you know. Cheers.

OK intersing to know if CB175 fits ... I think the K1 silencers also have the insulator Roy ..They are just missing the K0 fron bracket (the Bomber in the DS museum has K1 silencers with  K0 brackets bodged on) ... It is probably just DS and Co. doing a 90% correct job as usual .. Grrr !  it really bugs me that nobody seems to repro things properly after spending a small fortune on tooling.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 08:08:35 AM »
I entirely agree on that Ash with CMS being the worst offender. Why can I buy a mudguard and seat from a country like Vietnam that fit perfectly first time but every pattern part that CMS or DSS supply require hours of work to get to fit. It's clear to me that these parts are never test fitted to the intended bike or they would know they don't fit. Remember the fiasco with the 350F exhausts, who thought those welds were acceptable before shipping them out for chroming and sale, madness. As for CMS, well I give up with them they are useless. They just advertised the plastic front mudguard rings as grey then sent black. When questioned about it they told me I had the wrong part number and I should be using black (on a silver mudguard with silver cables) then refused to take them back. The black ones are for the later chrome mudguard with black cables. That's the last straw with me and CMS unless I simply cannot get the parts anywhere else. I would like to say that the pattern part rant is over, but it probably isn't. ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 08:10:54 AM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal