Other Stuff > Tricks & Tips

Cleaning tips

<< < (2/5) > >>

K2-K6:
http://www.graphogen.co.uk/index.asp?pageid=644920

One of the products invaluable to engine assembly routine.

davefirestorm:
Trichloroethylene been banned for a while now,can be deadly inhaling the fumes believe it was used in dry cleaning? and industrial uses too.I had a bottle of Trich on shelf  in garage got knocked over and dripped onto me cd/radio melting the casing.There is a safer substitute available but strangely smells same

AshimotoK0:
I am pretty sure the dippers use a tank of methylene chloride / decarboniser mixture to strip stuff .. Even worse than trichloroethylene.

hairygit:
Pure trichloroethylene is indeed hazardous, but was used as pain relief for women in labour, and as an analgesic in surgery. It was dyed blue with a substance called waxolene blue to allow anaesthetists to distinguish it from chloroform, and went by the trade name of Trilene. I have a trilene vaporiser attached to one of the old anaesthetic machines I am slowly restoring, and chances are most of our generation experienced it's effects at the dentist as a small child. It fell out of general use around the early 1990's, due to the nausea and vomiting it often caused. That said, it is still used for degreasing tanks, but with extractor fans and ventilation. 

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

davefirestorm:
I worked processing titanium rotor blades for jet engines many years ago and a Kolene salt bath would strip the tungsten coating from the blades leaving the titanium like new

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version