SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

1977 400F2 first restore project

<< < (3/46) > >>

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: Lobo on October 11, 2020, 09:01:48 AM ---
Secondly, whilst not quite the impact driver you were perhaps considering, if you can spare the £ I’d go an 18v rattle gun - one of those tools you never knew you needed. Will do everything single handed from worn x-heads to wheel nuts...

--- End quote ---

Why do you call it a rattle gun it looks like a cordless impact driver to me unless Bosch have a different mechanism?

Just realised it's probably "Pitjantjatjara" for Impact Monster.

smoothoperator:
Not done much since last post as I have been fitting a worktop in the utility room so than I can have the old worktop for a bench I'm building in the garage. The caliper bleed nipple is out. In fact this is where I started, planning to get the piston moving to pop it out so I could check it, thinking it might be seized. I have got the pressure switch housing off and all the brake tubes. So the next job will be to check and clean them, reassemble and have another go. However I plan to see if I can get fluid simply to come through the brake line before it's screwed into the caliper because as yet I have not had even a dribble come through the line. Something along those lines anyway.

Laverda Dave:
Did you fit a M/C repair kit with new seals etc and were the seals fitted in the correct order (don't go on how it was dismantled, someone may have been in there before you and reassembled it incorrectly). What did the piston bore look like, you need to check it with a magnifying glass to really gauge it's condition. I doubt if the hoses are blocked, it sounds like something is amiss in the M/C and fluid is unable to get down to the hoses. Maybe take one hose off at a time working backwards from the caliper and see how far any fluid is traveling.

Lobo:
Hmm, never thought about it Mac... tho’ this stolen from Wikipedia..

“ An impact wrench (also known as an impactor, impact gun, air wrench, air gun, rattle gun, torque gun, windy gun) is a socket wrench power tool designed to deliver high torque output with minimal exertion by the user, by storing energy in a rotating mass, then delivering it suddenly to the output shaft. It was invented by Robert H. Pott of Evansville, Indiana.”

Bryanj:
When master cylinders are worked on they frequently need "bleeding" by using a finger over the outlet hole, wear a nitrile glove as brake fluid is nasty.
Then with finger over hole pull in and hold lever, remove finger and replace, release lever and repeat until you feel your finger being pushed off the end by pressure.

It helps if you have the banjo bolt, washers and pipe ready to fit as soon as you have pressure

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version