SOHC.co.uk Forums > Recommended Sources for Parts and Services

Good paint and paint suppliers?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Gareth:
Thanks for all the feedback I will pass it on. But, out of interest, are there no other suppliers in the UK of these older Honda colours. Or is RS the only one?

One thing I do recall him saying, is that he didn't like the colour match on a couple of last jobs he had done. Paining replacement parts to match 'original' items. But I thought (later) that this is always going to be a problem as the original paint may have faded a little over time(???) and the new part IS closer to how it may have looked when new.

As we are doing a full new paint job that is not going to be an issue as there are no original colours to match to...

But back to the thread here. Are there any other suppliers (in the UK) of these older Honda paints. In my case the Muscat Green Metallic. The hunt continues.

Bryanj:
Biggest problem is that the "Candy" paints will never match thats why you need to do it all at the same time

AshimotoK0:
Just bought loads of paint from RS and although quite expensive, it's decent quality paint IMHO . After sales is good too. I recently painted some parts in their metallic and they match some NOS parts have in the same colour. Candy is all dependent on application coats of the metallic base  and candy and best left to the pros IMHO. But that's not a reflection on RS's paint. Their safety dats sheets seem to suggest that their colour paints are made by Lechler.

Moorey:

I was told by my local paint supplier that RS Paints use Lechler Paint and any Lechler paint stockist should be able to supply you the same as RS.

philward:

--- Quote from: Moorey on October 24, 2020, 08:16:13 PM ---
I was told by my local paint supplier that RS Paints use Lechler Paint and any Lechler paint stockist should be able to supply you the same as RS.

--- End quote ---

Do you need a code for the Lechler stockist? - Just checked on RS site and they only give colour. I'm asking as need to buy some Candy Custom Gold shortly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version