Author Topic: Deox-C rust remover  (Read 2111 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Deox-C rust remover
« on: October 22, 2009, 06:01:42 PM »
I bought a CB750 341 style rear fender from the USA for my UK K0 (I could not find a new 300 style one with the UK 4-hole lamp mount) and the chrome was in really good condition but had the usual slight surface rust underneath, which I wanted to remove. I was recommended to use a product called 'Deox-C' by a friend who runs a local engineering company. I dipped the fender in it for about 48 hours, as I was assured that the chrome would not be damaged in any way. I have to say that the stuff is magic  because it removed all of the rust but no base metal or Chrome. I think they also sell it in Gel form too. Don't know what it does to Zinc plating though but will try it out and report back. definitely brilliant for restoring chromed parts though.

http://www.bilthamber.com/deoxc.html

Or does anyone know anything better?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 06:03:22 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Deox-C rust remover
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 06:41:56 PM »
That sounds like a very handy product, will have to investigate more, got lots of old Honda parts.

Cheers

Den
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal