SOHC.co.uk Forums > Recommended Sources for Parts and Services

Top yoke weld

<< < (2/4) > >>

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
If not available as a reproduction or daft price I would try to find a used one. I would not be keen on repairing until all other avenue's are exhausted.

Tomb:

--- Quote from: Macabethiele on November 17, 2020, 05:20:20 PM ---If not available as a reproduction or daft price I would try to find a used one. I would not be keen on repairing until all other avenue's are exhausted.

--- End quote ---

Always better than repaired, since fitting mine I've found an unbroken original and will swap it over some time.

nairb:
Thanks for the input.  So the smart money is on a replacement.  I had not heard of a fork top being welded so I thought I would ask. 
They seem in short supply.  A new one from cms is approx £500.  There are a couple for grabs in the usa.  You would have thought with all the 250/360 G5's sold in this country there would be 1 or 2 for sale in the uk. 
The bike (CB360 1974) wont be out and about till may/june time so a replacement should be found before then.

Thanks
Nairb

kevski:
This would work out to about £160- to your door.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1974-Honda-CB360-FRONT-FORKS-CLAMP-TRIPLE-TREE-STEM-A2-3674/154189253583?hash=item23e6654bcf:g:O3sAAOSwRtlfrAYE

AshimotoK0:
Didn't realize it was for a UK  G5 ...pretty sure I have one of those somewhere. However I think it is different to yours. Coluld it be that the 74 USA model has a K4 style yoke.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version