SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

Petrol everywhere !

<< < (2/3) > >>

Nurse Julie:

--- Quote from: billdn on November 25, 2020, 03:42:16 PM ---From memory I think they were stored laying flat I'll give them another whack now the fresh petrol has had chance to penetrate. I'll be back!

--- End quote ---
Yes, report back 👍👍👍

billdn:
Sorted, amazing what a whack can do! Have opened carb drain screws now sorted as could be sitting a while longer - cheers Nurse Julie 👍

Nurse Julie:

--- Quote from: billdn on November 25, 2020, 05:13:18 PM ---Sorted, amazing what a whack can do! Have opened carb drain screws now sorted as could be sitting a while longer - cheers Nurse Julie 👍

--- End quote ---
Great, that was a nice simple fix. Put a dose of Redex in the tank regularly when you get it on the road, it helps prevent problems occurring.

thegreatpan:
Redex NJ? Didn't know that's still a thing. I may go for that. Is there any advice on how much to add to my 400's tank etc?

Nurse Julie:

--- Quote from: thegreatpan on November 26, 2020, 04:23:59 PM ---Redex NJ? Didn't know that's still a thing. I may go for that. Is there any advice on how much to add to my 400's tank etc?

--- End quote ---
Yep, I never used to use it but I had a sticky float valve on one of my bikes and I think it was John Webley that advised using it. TBH I don't know how much is meant to be put in our little tanks but I think Trig puts in a couple of capfuls every 5-6 times I fill the tank up. I will report back if its vastly different amounts when Trig comes in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version