General > Announcements

TT 2021 Cancelled

<< < (2/4) > >>

Moorey:

Even if the UK was totally free of Covid. Spectators come from all over the world. Something like having to provide a negative test that was taken within 72hrs prior to arrival. Similar to Spain and thats not fool proof as its transmittable on surfaces.

IOM 25 deaths  New Zealand 25 deaths. 

Arch stanton:
There is a possibility. We have seen the last of the TT.

Moorey:

--- Quote from: Arch stanton on December 02, 2020, 09:13:02 AM ---There is a possibility. We have seen the last of the TT.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately you could well be right especially if the Manx is cancelled as well.   :-X

taysidedragon:

--- Quote from: Arch stanton on December 02, 2020, 09:13:02 AM ---There is a possibility. We have seen the last of the TT.

--- End quote ---

I doubt that very much. It brings too much income to the island's businesses.

Arch stanton:
The anti TT lobby has been gathering momentum for some time now. Both on & off the Island. Plus the health & safety obsessed
World we now live in. The two year cancellation will crush the hospitality sector. The average age of those going to the TT is around 50. Many of these would not contemplate camping
The constant struggle to get Marshall's + the lack of younger motorcyclists. The future looks bleak.
As a TT supporter who has not missed a TT since 1977.
Or a Manx gp since 2000. I sincerely hope I am wrong.
But I have over the last decade seen the organisers milk the tits off the dying cash cow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version