SOHC.co.uk Forums > Other Bikes

84' Vf1000F Interceptor

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kelly E:
We got the swingarm and linkage pulled out after dropping the exhaust a little bit. The swingarm bearings badly needed to be cleaned out and repacked.

Lynx:
Good work

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

bobv7:
When I see lists of bikes like these I can't help wondering how many actually run? Please don't mistake this for envy; at one time I had 2 cars and 2 bikes on the road and having to keep up with tax, insurance and MOTs was like being an unpaid fleet manager! ??? Never again.

Kelly E:

--- Quote from: bobv7 on December 05, 2020, 11:55:12 PM ---When I see lists of bikes like these I can't help wondering how many actually run? Please don't mistake this for envy; at one time I had 2 cars and 2 bikes on the road and having to keep up with tax, insurance and MOTs was like being an unpaid fleet manager! ??? Never again.

--- End quote ---

Once the Interceptor is up and running that makes 9 out of 10 of our bikes ready to ride. Since spring of 17' we have resurrected 7 of our bikes and 2 for friends with just a ground up left to do on the 80' Suzuki GS1100E. My friend and I do this for fun, to have a variety of bikes to ride and some money. We don't have to get yearly inspections our our vehicles. Most of the bikes have classic plates so no annual fee and collector insurance which is cheaper. We build them to our personal safety standards which are much stricter than any inspection that I know of because that's what we do and we ride them.
For example today we assembled the Interceptors rear suspension after thoroughly cleaning every part and repacking all of the roller bearings with fresh moly grease and torquing to spec. I plan on riding this bike to the edge and don't want any issues. We go through all of the systems cleaning, servicing and repairing where needed.
It is so much fun to switch bikes one after another. Like riding the 79' CB750F and then the Moto Guzzi 1000 Le Mans. Both bikes are fast and really fun but go about it in completely different ways. In the end it's all about having as much fun as humanly possible on and with motorcycles. 8)

Kelly E:
Today I got the wheel bearings changed out and discovered that the bottom bolt on the right fork leg is leaking so a fork service is next.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version