SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

Tyres

(1/4) > >>

AndyD:
Having finally built the wheels and then been distracted from the workshop for a while, it's now time to sort the tyres.
First set is for the CJ250T but as wheels are the same as the 400 I'm hoping for a bit of advice / recent experience.

After many calls I've found the local KTM garage seem really helpful and are happy to fit tyres and also check over the wheels I built to make sure they are true and tensioned properly.
Happy at that as I can well remember fitting tyres many years ago and have no desire to revisit that painful struggle!

Are there any recommended tyres for these bikes - not after anything sporty (CJ250T and sporty don't really go together!!) but ideally reasonable cost and a bit classic look.
I've had a Google and have no idea what tyres are good or bad these days so any help appreciated so I can get them ordered up and over to the garage.

Cheers,
Andy

Bryanj:
Metzeller is what i fit when available try m&p

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: Bryanj on December 03, 2020, 07:17:36 PM ---Metzeller is what i fit when available try m&p

--- End quote ---

I fitted Metzeler to my XJ900 I found they were much less inclined to tram line on overbonding.

AndyD:
Would that be the ME77 tyres?
Google pops up the ME22 as well but this looks to be a lower rated tyre so presumably not suitable

Cheers,
Andy

TrickyMicky:
Have always used Dunlop K82's since I got the bike in 1988. Classic style and tread pattern of the 70's, but made using modern materials. Have to admit that I don't push them to their limits now that I'm in my 70's, but in the past have been known to feel the toe of my boot kiss the tarmac. Plus I always use Michelin inner tubes, if you're unlucky enough to pick up a nail or suchlike, they don't rip open but deflate slowly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version