Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« on: December 08, 2009, 08:44:44 PM »
Hi,

Just joined the site having got the need to revisit my teens.

I live in Derbyshire and currently have a CBR 600 which is great but got the need to return to my teens. My first real bike was a 500 four. Been thinking of getting an early Honda four again for a while to renovate. Having seen some brilliant cafe racer creations, I fancy a crack at one!

Planning to build a 750 based bike. Want to incorporate looks of earlier k2 - k6 but struggling to find a bike at the right money - if at all unless already restored.

Consequently I have been looking at F1 and F2 models, but would want to use earlier tank and sidepanels. Will these simply interchange?

Is the basic frame the same?

Would definitely be looking at using wire wheels as opposed to alloys on an F2 I have seen - straight swap?

Told the F1 / F2 motors were slightly more pokey too - not really important to me, but is this the case.

Great site, look forward to any help offered.

Tim
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 07:02:03 AM »
I have an F1 in bits for sale in Gloucester--See the for sale section--- tanks will fit from early ones, seats need hinge mods but side panels have different mounting points on the frame, also exhaust and footrest mount points vary but if you are building from scratch nothing a bit of fabricating of brackets wont cure.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal