Author Topic: Phil Read Replica CB750  (Read 20006 times)

Offline robotman

• View Profile
    • Articole Studios
Re: Phil Read Replica CB750
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 09:18:08 PM »
Well folks - she passed the mot test with flying colours. Ive run her round the block a few times and it rides really nice but............................
Ive put her up for sale.......... now on ebay with a low starting price and a reasonable minimum price
You can find the advert if you search for item number -   120608212286
10 days to go lets se if she finds a new owner
Steve

Offline Read Replica

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2010, 05:15:37 AM »
Hi Robotman,

Sorry to see you are selling the old girl. Hope she does well for you, looks like quite a nice example in the photos.
I am watching the sale with interest. Not that I am in any way selling mine. Owned it for too long now to do that kind of thing.
I am actually at the opposite end of the life cycle with my Rep and have just put her back on the road after she last ran in public in 1985. Did a spruce up job on the frame, electrics and running gear (engine fine at 18000 miles so left alone) in 1998 but couldn't get her to run properly and so never got her back on the road. Inspired again and with discovering this and the US site I sorted out the few carb issues and over the last two days have put in nearly 400 miles on her. Absolutely loving her and getting many smiles to the gallon. Also can't believe the attention she attracts every time I stop somewhere.

Oh well, once again good luck with your sale, and I hope the new owner gets the same thrill that I am currently enjoying with my Rep.

have fun with the bubble car
Andy

Offline ritchie-k1

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 05:11:33 PM »
Could any of you fellas tell me where in the fairing the ignition switch is mounted on the Phil Read Rep as mine is in the standard position. I'm also wondering is there a way to verify that mine is actually an authentic example? frame/engine numbers etc? cheers fellas

Offline Yoshi823

• SOHC Pro
  • Biker to the bone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 05:46:32 PM »
Post up some pics of your bike from all angles. There are some tell-tale modifications that were done on the bike by Colin Seeley that will stand out.

I must admit to always wondering why the ignition switch was relocated to inside the fairing, & I think that it may well have been something to do with the wiring.
Bikes...they're in the blood.
Yamaha R1 2001
Yamaha FZR1000R EXUP 1990
KTM 450 EXC RFS 2004
Honda XR400R 1997
Honda CB125T2 1980
Yamaha FJ1200 3XW 1991

Offline ritchie-k1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2010, 09:57:24 PM »
Post up some pics of your bike from all angles. There are some tell-tale modifications that were done on the bike by Colin Seeley that will stand out.

I must admit to always wondering why the ignition switch was relocated to inside the fairing, & I think that it may well have been something to do with the wiring.

Hi sorry can't photo the bike as suggested as it's stripped although i do have a couple of pics that i'll get up of it when it was complete. It's got all of the right bits on it to be a PR excluding the silencer, the ignition switch being in the wrong place, and it's been quite badly painted straight red. I'm also not sure about how Honda produced 150 bikes in the Honda Britain colours and then I believe produced a further 250 of them in either white and blue or white and red. I'm trying to establish, A is it a genuine PR rep, and B if so is it one of the 150 or one of the 250.   :-\

Offline ritchie-k1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 12:16:01 PM »
Could any of you fellas tell me where in the fairing the ignition switch is mounted on the Phil Read Rep as mine is in the standard position.

Just to answer my own question. I pulled out a 1978 copy of 'bike' magazine featuring the PR Honda which shows that the ignition switch is mounted to a panel inside the nose of the fairing to the left of the headlights. It doesn't state why it is re-positiond presumably for more of a race look as it's quite hidden inside of the fairing. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal