Author Topic: Caliper Pin Drawing  (Read 1229 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Caliper Pin Drawing
« on: January 28, 2010, 08:17:56 PM »
I have had a CAD drawing done for an oversize caliper pivot pin for the CB750K0/K1/K2 if anyone is interested. I am getting on made in Stainless Steel and reaming the hole in the arm and brackets out to 11mm. the standard pin is NLA from Honda and I don't even think Yamiya sell a repro one

See http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=30553.0
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:20:58 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Caliper Pin Drawing
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 10:59:48 PM »
So far, my K1 pin is still good and I have a spare caliper with the mounting (also good, I hope..best check that one)

I am pretty furtunate that both my brother and brother in law are good machinists with lathes at home. One of them could do the necessary for me.

I would like to see the drawing though, just to file away, (just in case).

I asume that you have the right contacts to get your machining done for beer or free  ;)

Cheers

Seamus

Offline lordmoonpie

• If he's not in action, he's in traction...
    • View Profile
    • Moonpie
Re: Caliper Pin Drawing
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 07:30:03 AM »
I got new stianless pins for my K0 calipers from Phil Denton - way better quality machining than stock Honda parts and not silly money either. Check him out on www.phildentonengineering.com he does all sorts of excellent replacement bits like engine bolts, spindles etc etc and the finish has to be seen to be believed...
Beware of those who fall at your feet - they may be reaching for the corner of the rug...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal