Author Topic: Honda UK Dating cert  (Read 1433 times)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: Honda UK Dating cert
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2021, 08:52:19 PM »
Could you invent an engine number that’s in the right range?

How are they to know?

Unless they have an undercover member on here of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2021, 09:10:13 PM »
Could you invent an engine number that’s in the right range?

How are they to know?

Unless they have an undercover member on here of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A thought I suppose ... I actually don't need to invent one ...I  bought a dog-rough '69 UK 250K0 for £200 a few years back that I parted out and it was fitted with a K2 engine ...so I do have valid K2 engine number 'cos I still have the crankcases.  I also have  set of un-stamped early crankcases I got from DS 'in the good-old-days'
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2021, 09:23:30 PM »
Years back when i did a few imports and Honda UK wernt so picky i asked what engine number came with a frame and they told me the records only gave dom of frame. Go figure

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2021, 07:14:35 AM »
Years back when i did a few imports and Honda UK wernt so picky i asked what engine number came with a frame and they told me the records only gave dom of frame. Go figure
The dealer guy who who had the frame (s) says he applies regularly to Honda UK and I asked to see a Dating Certificate  letter he has received back from them. It definitely stated  both the frame number and engine number Bryan, plus the Honda assembly plant it was made at. I didn't check if the letter was about a more modern bike though.

I found the crankcases that I already have for a K2 and it's number is miles apart from the two frames I found but has a really clear stamp.
It's weird with the CB250/350K range .. A USA CB350K2 starts with eng./frame no. '2'  but for a UK 250K2  bike starts with a '3' ... and that continued during the model range.... so a USA 350K4 starts with a '4' but a UK 250K4 starts with a '5'

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 07:26:52 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Andrew-S

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2021, 09:31:20 AM »
Well I got this (copied below)....... 
Anyway here is what Honda UK say,

--------------------------------------------------------------------
HONDA UK Info
12:10 (6 hours ago)
 to me

Dear Ashley Derrick,

Thank you for contacting Honda UK.

Please be advised that we would also require the engine number and the model in order to be able to issue the Year of Manufacture document.

Please also note that there is an administration fee of £30 (£25 + VAT) which can be paid by bank transfer and that this can take up to 6 weeks if the information needs to be sourced from Japan.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Once more, thank you for contacting Honda UK. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards,
Stela  Kirova

Honda Customer Service

Ash, can you please let me have the Honda email address you used as I'd like to contact Honda UK for a dating/build certificate for my 72 UK XL250 Motosport and to ask how many were imported in 72-73, not many of that I'm sure.

Thanks,
Andrew
1972 UK XL250 K0 Motosport
1976 UK Z900 A4
2018 BMW R1200 GS

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2021, 09:39:17 AM »

[/i] [/quote]

Ash, can you please let me have the Honda email address you used as I'd like to contact Honda UK for a dating/build certificate for my 72 UK XL250 Motosport and to ask how many were imported in 72-73, not many of that I'm sure.

Thanks,
Andrew
[/quote]

info.UK.car@honda-eu.com

Offline Andrew-S

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2021, 10:24:50 AM »

[/i]

Thanks,
Andrew
[/quote]

info.UK.car@honda-eu.com
[/quote]

Thanks Ash.

Andrew
1976 UK Z900 A4
2018 BMW R1200 GS

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2021, 01:19:30 PM »
Andrew... This phone link works great too .. got straight through to the dating department lady once I had pressed the right options.

Honda (UK) Contact Centre on 0345 200 8000. Option 3.

Offline Andrew-S

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2021, 04:39:38 PM »
Andrew... This phone link works great too .. got straight through to the dating department lady once I had pressed the right options.

Honda (UK) Contact Centre on 0345 200 8000. Option 3.

Thank again Ash, on my 'to do' list for tomorrow.

Andrew
1976 UK Z900 A4
2018 BMW R1200 GS

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal