Author Topic: Dave Silvers  (Read 1493 times)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Dave Silvers
« on: February 24, 2010, 11:50:20 AM »
Has anyone ever bought and fitted the  DS wheel rims and spokes, they say DID ON THE Wrapping but are made in Indonesia, are they any good and do they look like the originals
Pete

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Dave Silvers
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 12:45:05 PM »
Hi Pete,

My front rim is from DS. I built my wheel with stainless spokes and not the DS ones.

I'll try to post a couple of pictures later if that helps. I believe that I may still have the previous rim in the garage, but will have to check if it is different.

So far (6 months) it still looks fine.

Cheers

Seamus

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 12:52:18 PM »
Hi Pete -  I have got both the spokes and rims (bought before they hiked up price). They are DID but with additional stamped writing and not made in Japan , the chrome looks pretty good and I suspect they are what everyone else uses. Not used mine yet though, still plucking the courage to lace them myself (with the help of my old neighbour who used to do it years ago). I think a lot of chromers will not rechrome rims any more and they would be far more, I suspect to rechrome, than the DSS ones. Rear on K0's have a unique rounded portion but I can't be bothered with all of that 'Sandcast' nonsense. I think most of DSS's stuff is reasonable quality and he gets a good price from the manuf's and passes it on.

Cheers

Ash
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 12:53:49 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

rhos1355

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 01:06:45 PM »
Bought both front and rear with spokes from DS..........after the price hike, bugger. They look nice, but I haven't finished the bike yet so I don't know how good/bad they are. I reckon they're pattern parts but where they were manufactured I couldn't tell you.

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 01:18:36 PM »
I had a couple of rims rechromed a couple of years ago. Cost

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal