Author Topic: Here is a funny story  (Read 1798 times)

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Here is a funny story
« on: February 24, 2010, 09:27:38 PM »
Daughter coming home today from Uni for her 21st birthday. Wife getting her bedroom ready and moaning about the unsightly motorbike bits I stored under her bed (actually a brand new set of 4  HM300's and a new front fender!!). Texted me at work to ask where the hammer is to put up a picture in daughters room. Got home - bedroom in state of pristine tidiness apart from a CB750 conrod on the bedside table. What's that doing there I ask, thinking she is becoming interested in my bikes - reply "I couldn't find the hammer but I used that thing instead"    :o GRRRRR !! . It was a knac**red one though so I forgave her  ;). ::)

She also forgave me last year when she came home to find my side covers and airbox drying out in the oven. not to mention in '86 when i bunged my 400/4 crankcases in the dishwasher for a final clean  ;D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:30:39 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Here is a funny story
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 10:07:44 PM »
 LOL Ash i do like stories like that, Yes are women have to tolerate quite a bit due to our obsession, like yesterday i said im just popping out to look at something, she rang about 3 hours later and said where the f=== are you , my answer was  ohhh about 200 miles away with another bike in my van, needless to say the phone went dead , when i eventually came in i made a big mistake of going to bed and left a written reciept for how much i paid for the bike on top of my laptop, in the morning she was up first and had found the reciept, so i cant even lie about how much i had spent whhooops.
pete

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:28:04 PM »
I sneaked my K0 in like that but she caught my mate and me unloading it off the trailer (she was supposed to be at Am Dramatics but it was cancelled.  BTW She always calls the front forks 'The prongs' for some reason!! Wierd!!

Have a funnystory about 'prongs' too. Yonks ago, my mate told me someone wanted my Cb250K2 and would pay over the odds for it, so I sold it to him. Went off to Greece with the money and came back to find he had hit a tree during the 1st week of ownership and could I help him rebuild it. He wrapped the stanchions up in an old  blanket to take to some dodgy guy who straightens them for cash We  dropped in at the bank on the way for the cash and he plonked the stanchions wrapped in blacket on the counter of the bank. The cashier screamed - she thought it was a shotgun under the blanket and he was a robber. That story is the gospel truth. He never did get that bike back on the road again thank god.

Tell her from 'Honest Ash' that there cottonpickin' K1 is better than money in the bank Pete. To be fair to Cathy she now realises that these bikes are rising in price and you get nothing in interest from the banks for your savings, so if I told here I was buying a few of them I don't think she would mind.

cheers

Ash
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 10:34:21 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 12:24:29 AM »
On the same theme, I met a guy from the Bimota owners club who has a garage full of the things. He only buys red ones as his wife does'nt notice an extra one or two when she looks in.  ::)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 05:51:03 AM »
I got a better one than that, my wife,before we got married, came on holiday to the US with me--didnt complain about the 3,000mile in 6 days drive AND paid for the 500 in my avatar as a 50th birthday present days after we watched the shuttle lauch (the one that didnt get back down unfortunately). Couldnt live without her

Offline JonnyB

• SOHC Pro
  • Repeat: It's only a Hobby, It's only a Hobby....
    • View Profile
    • BatchScan
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 07:15:13 AM »
You got to love'em, my good lady caught me unloading a crank case from the dishwasher once and forgave me when I went to buy a break disk and came home with the whole bike, I say forgave it did cost an equal amount of cash the next time she saw something she liked.
Regards and Ride Safe!!

Daily Ride - BMW K1200GT
Summer Fun - Naked K100
Current Project - GS500E
Basket Case -  K100/1200 hybrid 
Lawnmower - 1965 Webb Delux 14" Close Cut Battery Electric.

John

https://batchscan.co.uk/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal