Author Topic: carb insulators  (Read 1878 times)

Offline sidevalvedave50

• View Profile
carb insulators
« on: February 24, 2010, 10:50:22 PM »
Hi,
     i have just joined the forum so i will introduce myself and ask for help at the same time ! My name is Dave and i have a cr750 replica based on a k7 and a RG500 suzuki for my sins. I have had the 750 for about 14 months and have been sorting the detailing of it during this time. As the bike has had a cylinder head leak while attending to this i thought i would renew the carb inlet rubbers as they had seen better days. The problem is where do i get them ?  I have tried David Silvers and csml and they only  have the insulators for no 1 and 3 cylinders as the other ones are obselete. The part numbers are 16212405000  no2 cylinder + 16214405000  no 4 cylinder.
 Are there any insulators you can use from another model if these are not available ?   I will try and post some pics of the bike as soon as i figure out the procedure and keep you informed of the top end rebuild as it progresses  :)
CR 750
RG 500

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: carb insulators
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 11:06:10 PM »

I had problems finding some for my F2 luckily i found a NOS set, its worth keeping an eye on ebay
although i think 1 is the same as four and 2 is the same as 3 so you can get away with buying two of each of the ones available, see if anyone else backs this up though
Pete

Offline sidevalvedave50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 11:23:55 PM »
Thanks pete,
                  i hope somebody can verify your info as it would be great if you can double up on them. Nothing on e-bay so far just k6 insulators.      regards Dave :)

CR 750
RG 500

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 12:21:00 AM »
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.

Have a look on motogrid (www.motogrid.com) and put in your part numbers into the search area. You will get a list of which bikes these parts were fitted to. This will increase your search parameters and may help resolve your problem. They may also be able to supply the part. Bear in mind that they are in the US.

Another suggestion is US Ebay

Good luck

Seamus

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 12:21:22 PM »
Welcome too from me Ashimoto

Have a look at this and my reply to it stripped out below.

I will probably get NOS in the end but it's an interesting excercise

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=62328.25

Re: Wintergreen oil_rubber renew test / peanut oil plastic renew test_pics
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 06:39:08 PM »
Had a look at the inlet rubber I treated six months ago and still nice and supple so my 'magic brew' appears to have worked. Don't know about the Americans site's brew using Wintergreen

Mine was this:

Re: Wintergreen oil_rubber renew test / peanut oil plastic renew test_pics
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:55:34 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Yoshi823

• SOHC Pro
  • Biker to the bone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 10:31:17 PM »

I had problems finding some for my F2 luckily i found a NOS set, its worth keeping an eye on ebay
although i think 1 is the same as four and 2 is the same as 3 so you can get away with buying two of each of the ones available, see if anyone else backs this up though
Pete

From what I remember you're right about the F2 inlet rubbers...they're numbered 1/4 & 2/3, but whether these would also fit other K or F1 models I wouldn't like to say without a bit of experimenting.
Bikes...they're in the blood.
Yamaha R1 2001
Yamaha FZR1000R EXUP 1990
KTM 450 EXC RFS 2004
Honda XR400R 1997
Honda CB125T2 1980
Yamaha FJ1200 3XW 1991

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal