Author Topic: Wont exceed 4,500 rpm then stalls and wont restart - on route to MOT  (Read 20138 times)

Offline totty

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Wont exceed 4,500 rpm then stalls and wont restart - on route to MOT
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2010, 09:12:45 AM »
Richening the needles by one notch has had a positive effect, it's still has quite a bad flat spot but it's allot better than it was. I'm now going to put some miles on it to get a better feel for it before trying to fine tune it further with a larger main or another notch on the needles.
Thanks for all the help I've received on this thread.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2010, 10:09:51 PM »
Are you getting some miles onto it now?

I guess if it still struggles with thottles wide open then you are looking at main-jets as the needle position primarily adjusts the mid range only once the main jet size is correct.

It's interesting why it's so far out, if that is the cause.

Good luck with it anyway.

Offline totty

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2010, 05:25:51 PM »
Just got back from a holiday so havent ridden it since my last post, I'll hopefully get out on it this week.

The only none standard part I'm aware of is the motad pipe. I've read that they don't require a rejet but maybe it's became less restrictive with age, it does have some surface corrosion so I'm guessing it's been fitted for a while.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2010, 10:17:06 PM »
Yep they seem quite a good match for original, got one on a CBX750 and it runs fine on completely original jetting right from low to high so their claims appear to be fair.

It's always good if you can find the real reason for any problems to help avoid them happening again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal