Author Topic: new boy  (Read 3419 times)

Offline ropes

• View Profile
new boy
« on: March 09, 2010, 10:19:12 PM »
Old boy really, just to say hello.

I'm new to this site, I had a F2 back in the early 80' and now I'm in the process of rebuilding a 1978 registered Dresda CB750 which i think has got a K6 engine. Has anybody got any good advice or info?? Going to be looking for a good Electronic ignition, which one is the best?? Maybe a big bore kit as well if i can get some cash together.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: new boy
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 05:44:24 AM »
Unless you intend to do lots of miles why bother with electronic ignition?

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 08:00:22 AM »
Hi Ropes, welcome to the site, interesting bike by the sounds of it, are you doing a full nut & bolt rebuild ? it would be great if you can upload some pictures for us to see, as for the ignition, on ebay you can buy Dyna ignition for about

Offline pae

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
    • Phil's CB650 pages
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 08:36:20 AM »
Hi Ropes, welcome to the site,

Phil

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 08:40:39 AM »
Hello ropes...

Dresda ownership is a fairly small club (you and me I think...)

Where are you? (put location in your profile so we don't have to keep asking)

Here's mine:

More in the gallery

I went back to points when the 1970's Boyer ignition melted on the way home from a show a couple of years ago...
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline ropes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 10:25:49 AM »
Thanks to all for the info. I will try to put some photos up soon as soon as I can sort out the Technology. Looks like the Dresda ownership is very low, but has just increased by 100% so must be the fastest growing. Saw an article on the other Dresda in one of the Mags not long ago it's the Ex MCN prize bike if I remember correctly.

My rebuild of the Rolling chassis is going to be pretty much from the floor up as it was a complete basket case when I got it. I have had it in the back of the garage awaiting some TLC for a few years and now have made enough space (and time) to have a go at it. The previous owner had lit up the wiring loom prior to me getting it so it needed a complete strip down. I have managed to source several of the missing/damaged parts over the last few years. Still a few bits to go, but I'll get there. Engine is going to be left in one piece to start with (I have squirted oil up all it's orifices and gently turned it over, feels OK) then possibly a rebuild or a big bore depending on how it well it really is.

I'm not looking to do anything concourse, just a through back to the 70's endurance racers.

Offline PMK

• SOHC Member
  • Destroyer of Fine Motorcycles & Idiot for Hire
    • View Profile
    • Karpettiger Maine Coon Cats
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 12:14:53 PM »
Steve,

I think I know a previous owner of that bike!!

He's a very good mate of mine near Richmond Park way.
He who breaks something to see how it works has left the path of wisdom and become an engineer

Honda CB750F2 1978
Harley Sportster 883 1999
Matchless G80 1960

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 02:33:07 PM »
PMK: Richmond eh?  I am planning to show the bike on the Honda Owners Club stand at the British Leisure Show at Windsor Racecourse next weekend (19/21st March) - together with my blue CB900FZ

ropes: This is indeed the MCN "Spot the Ball" prize bike from the '70's. The paintjob was done by a "previous owner" (maybe PMK's mate?). In the gallery on my website are photos of the day in 2006 when we took the bike down to Dave Degens' place in Surrey - pictures of his sitting on the bike in his drive.

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline PMK

• SOHC Member
  • Destroyer of Fine Motorcycles & Idiot for Hire
    • View Profile
    • Karpettiger Maine Coon Cats
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 08:09:09 PM »
My mate sent a couple of piccies

;D

P.s I luuurrrvv the paintjob metalflaketastic!!
He who breaks something to see how it works has left the path of wisdom and become an engineer

Honda CB750F2 1978
Harley Sportster 883 1999
Matchless G80 1960

Offline ropes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 09:18:41 PM »
Nice bike, paintwork must have cost a bomb, I think mine is going to be very subdued in comparison. Any idea how many Dresda CB750s were produced?? I know of only 4, mine, this one, one on a site called www.polohunt.co.uk and a red one that was advertised in one of the Mags a while ago. There must be more out there somewhere.
Thanks for info on Electronic ignition, I'm not intending to do masses of miles, as the riding position and my flexability seem to be at opposite end of the scale, but I would like to be reasonably sure it will get me back home.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal