Other Stuff > Misc / Open

DVLA Service?

<< < (4/4)

Laverdaroo:
Still wiating for my V5 for the 400, sent in May, reminded them twice, starting to loose the will to live now! :(

ka-ja:
Now into my 3rd month for my over 70's 3yr. renewal, couldn't do it online as they had no photo and could not prove my identity, only had a full license for 59 years, bloody computer driven dribble aided and abetted by covid excuses as to why they did not work for 12 months, not as if they face the public!

MrDavo:
Back in the 80's (so probably long enough ago to not have repercussions now) and the DVLA were publicly having no end of issues with their new fangled space age computer technology. When my licence was 'sent away to Swansea' by the court for my latest endorsements to be added, I noticed that they came back added in biro, not computer printing.

When I then physically lost my licence, later (but too late) found in the lining of my leather, having worked its way through a small pocket hole, I had to pay a fee for a duplicate to be issued. The duplicate came back from the DVLA clean as a whistle. Needless to say I did not complain and send it back, just started again from zero with the old points collection, which I was rather good at in those days.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
I take it you don't have a passport. It will be much quicker next time. I didn't have a photo licence before it was the old all green one.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: MrDavo on October 27, 2021, 11:09:23 AM ---Back in the 80's (so probably long enough ago to not have repercussions now) and the DVLA were publicly having no end of issues with their new fangled space age computer technology. When my licence was 'sent away to Swansea' by the court for my latest endorsements to be added, I noticed that they came back added in biro, not computer printing.

When I then physically lost my licence, later (but too late) found in the lining of my leather, having worked its way through a small pocket hole, I had to pay a fee for a duplicate to be issued. The duplicate came back from the DVLA clean as a whistle. Needless to say I did not complain and send it back, just started again from zero with the old points collection, which I was rather good at in those days.

--- End quote ---
They don't add them to your licence anymore but just update the DVLA record.

When I worked in the Administration of Justice Police Department Penalty points issued by a  Magistrates Court were a two stage process - on conviction the Courts sent a notice of the conviction to DVLA to add to your driver number record - if you surrendered your licence to the courts they would then add the conviction in hand writting - post it out to DVLA to confirm the notice of conviction. Some were then returned to a driver with convictions typed on the updated licence. Now it's all computer based as they have stopped issuing the paper part of a photo licence.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version