Other Stuff > Misc / Open

DVLA Service?

<< < (3/4) > >>

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: ka-ja on September 29, 2021, 09:48:06 AM ---I am 4 weeks into the wait for my 3 year license renewal, could not do it on line as they wanted a new photo and my old license as proof of who I am, 60 years with a driving license and I cannot prove who I am, as my passport has timed out and I no longer exist on computers.

--- End quote ---

I've used an expired passport when I helped my Mum get her first photo licence when she was 70. As my Mum could not produce even a copy of her Austrian birth certificate due to allied bombing an e-mail to DVLA helpline and as long as her appearance was similar to the current photo they would accept proof of i/d. I just had to include a print out of the e-mail reply from DVLA with a paper application.

Bryanj:
They get better, or worse,
Just got a red reminder for the bike and a reminder for a car dated 2 days AFTER the electronic reciepts for sorning them i have on my puter. Left and Right hands not even on same planet!

SteveD CB500K0:
Different computer systems.

Worse than being on different planets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoshi823:
DVLA in Swansea is now run run by Capita, who also collect my council tax on behalf of.

SumpMagnet:
to be fair to DVLA ...they CAN get it right if they try.

I went online last Thursday to upfdate the address on a V5 and my driving licence. The photocard was due for renewal in January anyway...so I took the option to renew that with my passport photo held on file. Posty delivered the licence and updated V5 Saturday.

Both were correct. So, can;t really complain there

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version