General > New Member Introductions

Hello from newest newb - CB500 - Norwich, Norfolk

(1/3) > >>

VinceM:
Hello All,

So after being away from bikes for over 24 years I’ve decided to get back into riding by buying a 1974 CB500. The wife says it’s a mid life crisis. It’s a bit of a nostalgic purchase for me as I fondly remember my Dad’s various CB’s when I was a child.

The bike is an April 1974 registered bike with VIN CB500 2051XXX (that doesn’t mean a whole lot to me at this point so any insight would be appreciated). It’s not a concourse bike by any means but neither is it an absolute dog. It starts, runs and rides at least! Battery was dead on arrival and it started off the kickstart on the third kick no problem.

I’ll be cleaning it up, polishing, tuning it etc. over the winter as a bit of a project. The only real challenge I can see so far is the air box lid (tool tray?) which is missing and was gaffer taped over by a Honda dealership to “richen the mix”. I have learnt that particular part (or parts - I’m struggling to identify precisely what is missing) is impossible to find!

I’m sure this forum will become invaluable to me as I go through the bike over the coming months.

PS: pic is in my profile avatar, it wouldn’t let me upload pics from my phone as they’re too large.

Nurse Julie:
Welcome to the Forum Vince.
That's a UK model CB500/4 K1 by the looks of it, I have the same model. We love a mid life crisis on here 😁😁😁 Enjoy your new bike.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Welcome to the forum we look forward to a bigger picture - I have found it easier to upload onto Flicker then post the BBCode link - no issues with file size - done easier on a laptop or PC but sure a fancy phone will do the trick.

SteveD CB500K0:
Sorry about that Vince. Server space dictates the limit of 1M for pictures (to be honest, there’s no advantage once you go above that, especially if you are using a mobile device)

You need 5 posts to be allowed to upload images. This saves me hours of spam remove all .

Read the FAQ on the Newbies Start Here section.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny4428:
Welcome Vince from Orkney! (you can google it) think we are the most northerly members in the UK. I’m afraid this “midlife crisis” can start midlife, but thankfully doesn’t have to be completed by a certain time.😂😂

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version