General > New Member Introductions

Hello from newest newb - CB500 - Norwich, Norfolk

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bryanj:
All UK models were K1 and frame numbers dont tie in sequentialy with US ones so buld date is difficult, but from onther dated ones it may well be a 73 sold late. Dont matter anyway now as its over 40 so free tax and mot exempt

Nurse Julie:

--- Quote from: Bryanj on October 15, 2021, 03:28:26 PM ---All UK models were K1 and frame numbers dont tie in sequentialy with US ones so buld date is difficult, but from onther dated ones it may well be a 73 sold late. Dont matter anyway now as its over 40 so free tax and mot exempt

--- End quote ---
My UK K1 is a 206*** VIN, registered in October 74 Bryan. So Vinces bike ties in spot on with April 74 registered. Don't forget the UK K1's went up until 1975.

flatfour:
Vince, for a moment I thought that you might have bought my old CB500 K1!

After many long years of ownership, just over two years ago I sold it to an acquaintance who already owned a CB750 and wanted a 500 to go with it. He lives in Norwich and did not keep the bike for long, telling me that although he enjoyed riding it, he found it a little small and lacking in torque compared to the 750.

Mine was, however a January 1974 registration and gold/black with standard exhausts. It was also in very good condition at the time that I sold it.

I actually preferred riding the 500 to the 750 and thought that the handling was far better and exhaust note really lovely and, if I didn't have other bikes to look after, I would most certainly buy another.

Bryanj:
Julie, on my list is a 205 from 73 and a 205 from 74 then a 206 dated 75 plus a later 206 dated 12/74.
Its simply a guess with UK  ones unless you spend the money with Honda to get a letter.
I know some of the dates i have were verified by letter.

Nurse Julie:

--- Quote from: Bryanj on October 15, 2021, 05:49:39 PM ---Julie, on my list is a 205 from 73 and a 205 from 74 then a 206 dated 75 plus a later 206 dated 12/74.
Its simply a guess with UK  ones unless you spend the money with Honda to get a letter.
I know some of the dates i have were verified by letter.

--- End quote ---
Is your list a mix of 1st registered UK models and USA models Bryan?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version