SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

The rebirth of Lazarus

<< < (2/82) > >>

Bryanj:
I do wonder how you are going to fit that beige seat

mickwinf:
Thanks for the support i think i will need it! Ken, thanks for the offer but i have the indicator brackets, i also have a grab bar which i may use, not sure yet. As regards the frame i think i might pain rather than powdercoat as it will need lots of work to make a good smooth job. The settee behind has now gone to the skip!

SumpMagnet:
the sofa looked like an easier restoration

heli_madken:

--- Quote from: SumpMagnet on November 07, 2021, 09:00:06 PM ---the sofa looked like an easier restoration

--- End quote ---

;D ;D ;D

mickwinf:
The strip down continues and was going fine with only a couple of seized bolts snapping, until i tried to remove one of the bolts on the front engine mount. Its the one that goes from the triangular bracket to a cast lug on the engine which houses the nut. Disaster, the lug has snapped off and i don't think it can be repaired, at least not to look original. Options are get some more crankcases or another engine, or use a 550 engine i already have. Hmmm, i am not fanatical about originality and may have to make some small changes to standard spec to make sure Lazarus gets back on the road.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version