Other Stuff > Member 4 Sales

K0 CB500 Four for sale

(1/4) > >>

Scotty67:
Hi, just gauging interest before I stick on ebay. Reg 10-Jun-1972, V5 in my name. Bought from Uncle. Bit of a basket case. Bought a US import frame which is in great condition, which I naively thought I could transfer all the bits to. Anyway, was advised to save the original frame if possible. Long story short, after spraying it in copious amounts of GT85, I've decided that this is a bridge too far for my skills and spare time. Just want back what I paid for it. I paid £300 for bike, also got a box of rusy bits, including chain, clutch, engine casings, kick start and gear selector. Also got tank but no seat. I paid £300 for bike and £290 for the spare frame (with Nova cert). Looking to sell bike and frame together. Bike SORN. Any interest? I can provide more/better pics on request. Gonna get an easier project for my first resto. Cheers, Scott 07814 322924 PS. All I can tell you about the history is that my Uncle acquired it 30 years ago as a runner, having done 65,000 miles.

Bryanj:
Sorry to say i dont think you will get your money back for that

Oddjob:
Just curious but why can't you transfer all the bits to the US frame? only the seat lock bracket is different and as it has no seat that's not a problem.

Scotty67:
Apparently it's an absolute mission getting a US import registered in the UK. Also, UK bikes more desirable.

Bryanj:
Its easy to register a US bike as long as you have the Nova cert

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version