Author Topic: Bit of eye candy for Ken (Oddjob) .. to stop him being grumpy.  (Read 1407 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Bit of eye candy for Ken (Oddjob) .. to stop him being grumpy.
« on: January 28, 2022, 03:54:19 PM »
Realise my posts have been frying Ken's brain recently  ;D ;D, so thought he would appreciate this.

It's a collage I did at Christmas  of library/brochure photo's of the models I am  restoring, in the same colours as mine in ascending cc's order.

It's a mammoth task getting them together , painting/chroming etc.  but keeps me out of mischief. Nearly all of mine were complete basket case jobs when I got them.

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Erny

• CB750K7 CB550K1
  • SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Bit of eye candy for Ken (Oddjob) .. to stop him being grumpy.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 04:04:08 PM »
That's great collection, Ash!

I'm still looking for nice K1/K2, ideally well preserved, unrestored original..
CB750K7 US model (1977)
CB550K1 US model (1975)

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 04:26:21 PM »
You have a CB93,

lucky you, a little jewel

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline Laverdaroo

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 04:57:49 PM »
Well, if I'm perfectly honest........I'd pay money to go look at that lot Ash, what a bloody fantastic collection of bikes, you absolute star. :o :o ;)
 I have no idea what you started with or when, obviously you've been a biker for years but what a collection to hang onto and spend so much love and time on. If thry were basket cases then it makes it all the better. GOOD MAN  (thumbs up emoji, dont have one on the pc :D)
Mornings are the invention of the devil!

1977 CB550F (current money pit!!)
2002 VFR800 VTEC (The Beloved)
1977 CB400F (the last money pit!)
1998 Ducati 748\853 conversion(sold :()
1980 ish CB750KZ in a billion bits (need to get rid, anybody want one?))

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2022, 05:07:10 PM »
That soothes my brain. Thanks.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline Laverdaroo

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 05:16:00 PM »
Mornings are the invention of the devil!

1977 CB550F (current money pit!!)
2002 VFR800 VTEC (The Beloved)
1977 CB400F (the last money pit!)
1998 Ducati 748\853 conversion(sold :()
1980 ish CB750KZ in a billion bits (need to get rid, anybody want one?))

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 05:26:30 PM »
That 250? square headlight  twin top line second from the left I can't remember the model number (Dream) I had one in 1965 ish VRM was  2462 YG - takes me back.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline andy120t

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2022, 05:29:40 PM »
That would make a nice set of coasters ( no East Yorkshire coast pun intended).

Seriously though, what a great collection! It puts my handful of non- runners .. sorry, projects... to shame. My favourite colour is the blue and white 350.
andy120t

CB550f/k
Zephyr 550
ZX6R G1
GSXR 7/11 - I need to sell it
Triumph 5TA - and this..

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2022, 05:46:45 PM »
Well, if I'm perfectly honest........I'd pay money to go look at that lot Ash, what a bloody fantastic collection of bikes, you absolute star. :o :o ;)
 I have no idea what you started with or when, obviously you've been a biker for years but what a collection to hang onto and spend so much love and time on. If they were basket cases then it makes it all the better. GOOD MAN  (thumbs up emoji, dont have one on the pc :D)

Sadly those are library pics or copied from Brochures ... although I do have most parts fully restored  like paintwork, chroming, NOS exhausts etc... bit of a lifetimes work really  .. it started in 2008 when I was incredibly down in dumps, mainly due to work related issues and only had a 400/4, which I had had since 1985 (the 4th one i had owned). The doctor suggested I resurrect a previous hobby and focus my obsessions on it, to take my mind off work worries. I took her great advice but somehow it all got a bit out of hand. I suppose I really swapped one disease for another  :-[ :-[

A lot of those bikes just came my way  for little money just being in the right place at the right time  ... namely the CB72, CB450 Bomber, S90 and  two of the CB250K0's. The money pits have been the early UK  CB750K0 (no surprises there) and  more surprisingly the little 1968 red CD125 sloper. The CB500K0 and CB175K5 came from that great egg on here JamesH bless him.

My 1st bike was a C200 90cc and never had a wish to own one again (girls at school laughed at it  :-[ :-[)  but my 2nd bike was a CD175A sloper and I always wanted to own one again ... the bike in the brochure pic. was a Honda UK press model  OLA 4E  (reviewed in Motorcycle in 1967) and mine is that actual bike. 

I don't have a CB93 it's a '61 CB92  or maybe you are confusing  it with the '68/'69 JDM CB250SS (pic with boy and girl and baby buggy). I don't have a CB160, as I owned one briefly as a student and thought it a bit dated even then and not really my cup of tea.

I kept the the 500K0 Candy Green (Menno did a brilliant job ) but I was undecided on the colour so I also got a NOS tank (thanks to a member here) in Candy Custom Gold and some used side panels so it can be swapped (OK Ken it should be Starlight).

For the oldies on here 'O.K. Ken' was a Chicken shack Album  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 05:55:59 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2022, 07:00:17 PM »
It should always be Starlight Gold, Candy Gold is just SOOOOO common.

If you ever want to sell the Jade Green Tank and side panels Ash let me have first offer will you.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2022, 07:18:10 PM »
My mistake Ash,

I got the number wrong, CB92,

The red,square headlight 125 twin,

Early 60s.

It's the front brake and fork that makes it distinctive

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2022, 08:36:03 PM »
My mistake Ash,

I got the number wrong, CB92,

The red,square headlight 125 twin,

Early 60s.

It's the front brake and fork that makes it distinctive

Yea CB92 .. Even in the mid 70's they were rare  and sought after and I could never find one at an affordable price.

I remember seeing one in a crabby back street bike shop in Sunderland, mainly Brit bike dealers in the mid 1970's. Owner may have been called Crozier. The shop was always closed and he was always in the local boozer. Me and my mate Chris from York waited outside the pub at afternoon kicking out time to try and buy the Benly but he simply told us to bugger off .

Parts, particularly for the 1961 model are real rocking-horse poo and if anyone has spares it's as if they are sitting on the Crown Jewels..... which is a real shame and I hate that attitude. plus people are gobbling up the parts to make replica's based on  imported CA95's  I made sure when I got mine completely in bits that I got all of the hard to find bits and so far so good. The guy off Car SOS TV programme, who does the upholstery, just did my race-style seat with suedy stuff ..is s called alcantara or something. He's just got the standard seat to recover for me ... a real flimsy affair on the '61.

Mine came originally from John DiFazio in Frome, who is famed for his front hub centre steering. He was a Honda seller in the very early 1960's

« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 09:33:33 PM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2022, 08:54:57 PM »
Interesting link to Hereford,
The local dealer, Mead & Tompkinson sold Hondas,I bought my first car ,a N600,From them,
They sold bikes as well,

The owner used to race in the world 24hrs endurance racing, initially with a Velo,then a B44/50 Victor, I think in 1970 they won the  championship,

Later on they needed more power, so he built a famous special, initially using a 3cylinder. Laverda, then a Kawasaki 1000,called it Nessie, with Difazio hub centre front end.

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2022, 08:55:40 PM »
The seat looks stunning Ash.

Oddly "Alcantara" is a brand name for synthetic suede material..... drveloped by a Japanese chemist in the 1970s and originally produced by Toray industries before being marketed as we know it by the name now used.

Intriguing link to the bike's home country.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2022, 09:38:38 PM »
Interesting link to Hereford,
The local dealer, Mead & Tompkinson sold Hondas,I bought my first car ,a N600,From them,
They sold bikes as well,

The owner used to race in the world 24hrs endurance racing, initially with a Velo,then a B44/50 Victor, I think in 1970 they won the  championship,

Later on they needed more power, so he built a famous special, initially using a 3cylinder. Laverda, then a Kawasaki 1000,called it Nessie, with Difazio hub centre front end.

I think his Honda's were supplied by Len Meredith's in Bristol John ... starting in 1962 (mine was built 1961 but registered in 1962)
I think I read somewhere they sent the bikes to Difazio's on the train!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal