Author Topic: Horn reassembly issue  (Read 572 times)

Offline kiki.o

• View Profile
Horn reassembly issue
« on: January 31, 2022, 12:02:06 AM »
Hi all,

I have a problem with my horn. I have disassembled it, painted, put it back together, but it didn't work.

So I ordered used one from triumph tiger, It's a bit larger one, but it's the same 2.5A 105db horn, repeated, and tried it out, also doesn't work.

Now i think that i managed to screw something up while getting it back together. Or there is some other issue, but I do not know what.

So, when I connect the terminals on the main harness, it doesn't work. I have put light bulb indicator in parallel, and when I press the horn button it lights right up. So I think everything's ok on that side.

What's the use of the small screw on the backside of the horn?

Is this the right order: Horn, big washer, horn front face, small washer, blind nut?

Am I missing something here? I doubt that I have two not working horns.

Here are the pics of the parts of two horns layed out , can I assemble a working one from this?

Any advice would be much appriciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards, Kristijan

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Horn reassembly issue
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 09:14:26 AM »
I am not sure that your original horn is as standard 400/4 one as they had a large centre utra-fine threaded part .. which is the mounting stud but also the coarse 'tuning' setting for the horn. The small screw should have a lock-nut and is for fine tuning of the horn sound.

Here is one of my post, showing a dis-assembled 400/4 horn

http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,13195.0.html
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline kiki.o

• View Profile
Re: Horn reassembly issue
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 10:35:11 PM »
Thanks for the input.  I don't know why i thought that it was original one.

Thanks for the input.

Being a resto, I'll try to get the original one.

If anyone has one spare, I am interested.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal