General > Announcements

Beautiful…

<< < (2/4) > >>

royhall:
What a lovely bike and way to remember your Dad. I have a snooker cue with a plaque on the case, not quite the same really.

But Lobo, you really have to get out and use the bike, on a warm summer day without a cloud in the sky obviously. If you leave it in the house you just traded one investment for another, it needs to enter shows at the very least where people can see it.

What's the bike your Dad's on, looks a bit like a Matchless but the tank badge doesn't look right for that?

Spitfire:
Beautiful looking bike, I'm amazed that back in the day nutters like me just thrashed them around like there was no tomorrow, mine sat out in the front garden in all weathers.

Cheers

Dennis

Laverda Dave:
Stunning bike and I agree with you, what's the use of keeping the money in the bank, the only people who will benefit from that are the bankers who lend your money out at a high rate and give you peanuts in return.
I'm with Roy though, you need to ride it on Sunny days as a treat.

Lobo:
Since joining this forum nearly 10 yrs ago I’ve been confused as to how folk could own a bike… and yet not ride it. Embarrassing really, but advises taken on board, and yep, hopefully one day I’ll take it out.
Roy, honestly, I was hoping someone here might enlighten me as to my dad’s machine;  he did once tell me but I don’t recall it being anything memorable as it was driven by ‘funds available’ to him at the time vs a passion for the particular machine.
Phil… I had to choose a quiet moment Mrs Lobo was out; bloody nail-biting. I’ve put the bike on a 5mm x 300x400 SS plate, sandwiched with 6mm rubber one side and carpet tile the other, but hey, it’s still 240Kg on one tile. On this note, why the hell is a Sandcast 235Kg versus 218Kg for my K2…. honestly it was the first thing I noticed getting it home.
As an aside, I now live in Oz, and had the choice of 2 such Sandcasts within a 30 km radius. Furthermore, there’s a nucleus of 5 owners in said radius, with about 7 concours Sandcasts. The local restorer (James / Trigger rolled into one) has done about 7 Sandcast complete restorations in the last few years, and many more K0s, K1s and the odd K2.
For approx £14000 (GBP) I was offered a 1969 Diecast (Gold) in showroom condition, or for approx £11000 a 1970 K1 (Green) ditto. It’s been an eye-opener; I’d never have believed it… and keep musing whether there’s some export business to be had.
But then again, exporting my bikes ex UK with shipping / customs /  Asbestos declarations / you name it / kinda looses one the will to live.
Ho hum…

Sesman:
I’ll be in Brisbane in January 2024 on my way to Airlie Beach. Just might investigate the Honda scene and the possibility of an export. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version