Author Topic: The right way to do pods or velocity stacks?  (Read 432 times)

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
The right way to do pods or velocity stacks?
« on: March 03, 2022, 04:24:00 PM »
Hey all

So, researching pods and stacks instead of the stock air box, and it would seem pretty much everyone on here agrees that the stock airbox gives the best performance for the bike. I myself planned to keep the stock air box, but I want to exhaust every possibility before making a choice.

With that being said - is there a "right way" to do pods or stacks? Maybe buy specific pods from specific manufacturer? Quality jets in certain sizes? Tried and tested tuning methods?

Those of you that have worked the most with these bikes - what was needed to make pods or stacks work?

- Alex

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: The right way to do pods or velocity stacks?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 04:37:16 PM »
The way I see it is you need velocity stacks several inches long, and an open plenum chamber at the end,

The idea being to get a smooth airflow into the carb,

Also pressure waves reflecting from the end of the pod may cause issues,

I would suggest you try and get the carbs set up using 50mm stacks,

Then mount the pods on the end,

This might be complete BS,

But I am remembering previous owners experience

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: The right way to do pods or velocity stacks?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 07:12:41 PM »
varios aƱos duro mi penuria intentando con varias pilas y fitros , hasta sin nada , hasta que regrese a la caja original .
 necesitas tranquilizar el aire antes de que entre en las pilas , para eso esta el separador original , la caja filtra el separador tranquiliza , algunos han obtenido resultados con un gran filtro a la salida del separador en lugar de la caja

I spent several years trying with various cones and filters, even with nothing, until I returned to the original box.
 you need to still the air before it enters the cones , that's what the original separator is for , the box filters the separator stills , some have had results with a large filter at the outlet of the separator instead of the box .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal