Author Topic: TfL is driving me up the creek, ULEZ & CC  (Read 708 times)

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
TfL is driving me up the creek, ULEZ & CC
« on: March 08, 2022, 12:56:04 PM »
Are any other Londoners  having issues with TfL and their new ULEZ and congestion charge zone? I got told on the ULEZ checker I was liable for charges when I am not, I had to open an account with them to appeal, on that site I then got told they knew I was exempt and never needed to open an account. I got a hold of them on Facebook messenger ( a brilliant back door for them and things like Thames Water) I was given a number to ring and they confirmed I don't need to worry about ULEZ, however they strangely had me down as liable for the Congestion charge, motorcycles are not liable! I had to be helped to get the page up to send TfL my registration details to appeal ( or BOG OFF!) ....Sadiq Khan, I could wring your neck!
I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2 called Elen.

Offline SumpMagnet

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: TfL is driving me up the creek, ULEZ & CC
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 04:47:39 PM »
wrtinging that idiots neck would be a service to everyone living in the greater London area.....
CB750F2 - in pieces
CB900F Hornet - the daily transport

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 05:26:36 PM »
wrtinging that idiots neck would be a service to everyone living in the greater London area.....
I know we don't want political discussions on here, but certainly agree with the sentiment. Retrospective control that penalises people for the items they all ready own and made financial commitments to is a very unwelcome method.

Guess I should stop there, as it could get out of control  :)

Offline Seabeowner

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 07:14:16 PM »
I'm sorry. I started this.
It's total confusion.
Just tried a few classic cars and they come up as exempt from ULEZ.
Tried a 1973 BSA that I used to own and that comes up exempt.
But all my Hondas that are Historic come up as chargeable.
Phil
1971  CB500K0  Candy Jade Green or Candy Gold
1973  CB500K1  Candy Ruby Red
1975  CB550F1   Shiny Orange
1978  CB550K     Excel Black

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2022, 09:26:50 PM »
I know we don't want political discussions on here, but certainly agree with the sentiment. Retrospective control that penalises people for the items they all ready own and made financial commitments to is a very unwelcome method.
I really think in this case it is a problem we as historic motorcycle owners are having and indeed shouldn't be, the political bit is irrelevant, I feel the problem is a fiscal rather than political!  ;)
I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2 called Elen.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal