Author Topic: The Grand Nighthawk Rebuild :o)  (Read 1568 times)

Offline beermaker

• View Profile
The Grand Nighthawk Rebuild :o)
« on: May 29, 2010, 01:51:24 PM »
Thought I'd better move this to here rather than continue on the introductions page :o)

Quick summary - managed to strip off the rocker covers, breather and the cylinder head cover, and cleaned the rocker covers up with a wire wheel and a buffer.  Sold my little honda H100S so got a bit more room now until I pick up my ZXR400, and my partners just took the kids over to their dads for a bit so I'm going to take advantage of the time and see if I can get the whole engine out of the frame before they get back!  Will take the camera in and see if I can get some reasonable pics to post up :o)

Cheers
Philip

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand Nighthawk Rebuild :o)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 06:49:43 PM »
Take lots of photos as you strip it, it helps when you start putting it back ! Cable, wiring runs, breathers etc, all the things that you forget easily.

Cheers

Den
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

Offline beermaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 09:21:20 PM »
got to confess I've not done much to it lately  :( sheared a cylinder head bolt and got fed up!  Going to have a go at taking the engine out as a lump and stripping it on the bench, although got to clear some shed space first.  Shed's being used as a dumping ground whilst we sort the house so I can barely get in let alone fettle the bike!  Grr!!!

Hope to be able to report some progress soon!
Phil

Offline andy120t

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 06:32:22 PM »
Phil..so how is progress on this?  Stick with it & post some piccies!
   All the best projects take ages!
andy120t

CB550f/k
Zephyr 550
ZX6R G1
GSXR 7/11 - I need to sell it
Triumph 5TA - and this..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal