SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

400/4 is popping & banging with poor mpg where to start?

<< < (9/9)

K2-K6:
Woooohooo Ted, now it'll feel good to ride  :)

At least not too hard to correct and get you back on track.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: Matt_Harrington on June 18, 2022, 09:30:41 AM ---NGK, I suppose, would be the correct ones - DSS seem to be as good a value as anyone else. I think they were out of out of stock of the 2 & 3 red ones last week but that may have changed.
Matt

--- End quote ---
Never mind the Red I've gone for stealth. Black!

cbxman:

--- Quote from: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 22, 2022, 07:44:51 PM ---Yes finally 4 hot down pipes - running on all four cylinders, Yes all 4 cylinders - I have a massive grin on my Mush even though I can't ride the bike today due to C2H5(OH) intake.

I will need to trim down the HT leads as I have left them slightly on the long side for the first fit!

Can't wait to try the bike on a run to Ashbourne probably tomorrow.

YES, YES, YES, YES.  that's four yes's for four cylinders!

To be on the safe side I plan an oil change asap in case of sump dilution as a result of 115 miles on 2 cylinders.
Moped power to 400/4 now the HT leads fitted in the right order.

--- End quote ---

Ted,  Be as generous as you can with lead lengths, as you may need to re-attach the caps one day, and the leads do deteriorate/ get mangled when you manhandle leads to get the plugs out!  Having some slack will help.

Have fun,

Jerry

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

Ted,  Be as generous as you can with lead lengths, as you may need to re-attach the caps one day, and the leads do deteriorate/ get mangled when you manhandle leads to get the plugs out!  Having some slack will help.

Have fun,

Jerry
[/quote]

Thanks Jerry you make a valid point - i'm leaving them slightly overlong for now. Ted

PS No more popping & banging - its gone!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version