SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Top / bottom yoke race advice

(1/6) > >>

Davelu88:
Hi all , the powder coaters removed  my races when he did my frame , I have got them back in but do they sit flush or are they recessed . Thanks Dave

Bryanj:
All the way down to the shoulder

Davelu88:
Thanks Bryanj but disaster has happened,  I have been too heavy handed and whilst trying to hit them in with a socket I have broken the top one & damaged the bottom  one. I have them out now , are tapered ones easier to fit . Thx

Bryanj:
Sort of but you can get ball race kits with captive balls, i will try and find a link for you when i finish wrk early am

Oddjob:
Get tapers, they are better than ball bearings for load purposes. I find them a little harder to fit due to how thin the races are in comparison but I use Honda special tools so it's pretty easy to fit them for me but without special tools I'd say they'd be harder. So long as you buy the correct tapers they fit just fine and last longer as well.

If your attempting to fit the bottom race onto the steering stem try buying a piece of steel tubing, make sure it's 30mm internal diameter though and longer than the steering stem. You can then just slide the race onto the stem and use the tube to hammer it down without risking damage. 30mm ID x 34mm OD by 300mm length. Something like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391883163453?var=660864052444&hash=item5b3e0e873d:g:zOMAAOSwsupb5841

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version