Author Topic: New BSA Gold Star .... bit of a let down  (Read 471 times)

Offline SPR

• SOHC Pro
  • 1972 500/4 K1
    • View Profile
New BSA Gold Star .... bit of a let down
« on: September 01, 2022, 08:44:08 PM »
So decided to have a look at the BSA Goldstar as there is a dealer 5 minutes away .......... had watched some you tube vids  etc and thought it worth a look in the flesh.

Was decidedly unimpressed - yes I know it is cheap but the finish really does make the most of that cheapness IMO ... cases are all powdercoated in some thick looking horrible grey paint and the exhaust finish just spoils it .....

The biggest letdown was seeing the radiator up close - it looks huge and never seems to be photographed in the ads etc in a real life - in your face - real sort of way.

The rest of the bike looked OK but put next to an equally cheap Royal Enfield Continental GT (yes I know £1000 more) but they are night and day different finish / looks wise.

So disappointed even turned down a test ride :)

I know everyone likes different things and some may love the looks but I think BSA have really missed the mark ..... did I mention that water cooled monstrosity up front :)

Simon

Offline kevski

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: New BSA Gold Star .... bit of a let down
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 07:53:46 AM »
Well let's be honest, they are only bsa by badge  in reality they are Mahindra and sadly quality is not part of their remit at present.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal