Author Topic: Cam Sprocket to Cam Shaft  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Sesman

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cam Sprocket to Cam Shaft
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2022, 06:31:47 PM »
Just get a bigger hammer.🫣 The manual is quite clear on the cam, chain sprocket arrangement. Worked for me.

Offline JM550

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2022, 10:31:56 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions,

I had a sticky Tensioner!
The CAM Chain Tensioner wasn't flexing at all. Yesterday, I whipped it back out, free'd it up (the mechanism appeared to have got stuck in place), oiled it up so that it's moving freely again and it's allowed me to pull the chain up just enough to meet the CAM nicely.

Thanks again.

Offline heli_madken

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2022, 12:03:15 PM »
Well done.

Ken mentioned earlier in the thread about getting the bottom of the tensioner sitting correctly in the pocket at the bottom of the crankcase. I made the mistake of fitting the barrels first on my rebuild then found I could not get the tensioner in place correctly.

Just make sure it is in place, only really way you see this is by looking up from the bottom with the sump removed.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2022, 02:35:25 PM »
If the mechanism itself was sticky the only thing i can think of is the gear out of mesh with the rack and that normaly only happens if the gear is forced with a screwdriver in the slot, that also "springs" the bunt over tabs on the sides alowing the rack to move and you need to bend them back carefully

Online Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2022, 04:27:09 PM »
Also happens when the primary chain hits the bottom of it Bryan, I've got around 6 tensioners ATM and most show some damage that causes the tensioner to stick to some extent. Some I've had to dismantle completely and reshape the metal body to get them to work correctly.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal