Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 1287 times)

rigwit

Hi all
« on: June 27, 2010, 07:41:01 PM »
New to the site but an avid honda 4 fan,,,,  i currantly have no ride but i have purchased a 400-4  for restoring--- well my type....  did one some 30 odd plus years ago  wonder if any seen remebered it, all i know is it was sold in the wirral area. well to the first 400-4. i was probably one of the first if not  the first person in uk to fit 400n front forks stanshions comstar  etc and also rear end  giving double discs up front and comstar wheels  i had the bike frame stove ennameled duckhams blue with the comstars and yolks  few other items stoved duckhams yellow, rear end was taken care of by the then revolutionary marzzochie strada air shocks  and it was clad with pirreli phantoms, and a self made exhaust system (one of my many hobbies at the time) .........  now  comstars have been done to the death  so new project will be running  erm  watch this space  but a custom built monoshock rear arm and billet yolks  should keep everyone guessing.......  id love to know what happened to my cafe/racer . the original one of cource  so if any info about it  id be eternaly greatfull........

Offline pae

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
    • Phil's CB650 pages
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 09:09:49 PM »
Hi, sounds an interesting bike your first one, be interesting to see what you do with this one.

Phil

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 09:13:32 PM »
Hi rigwit, welcomr to the site, did you keepany pictures of your old 400/4
Pete

rigwit

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 11:00:05 PM »
only one still in existance is of the rear wheel and 1/2 of the frame  shows comstars and strada       ..........  but the best allong with a load of older bikeing pics were destroyed by a vengfull ex ex   so will have to hunt it down as not long moved and was in a rush  but  im shure ive still got it  and thank you for your warm welcome

Offline Yoshi823

• SOHC Pro
  • Biker to the bone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 11:28:31 PM »
Pirelli Phantoms...I remember them. There was a bloke in the 'Bike' magazine proddy race series who raced a Laverda Jota using them...until Avon got in on the act.

So, welcome to the site & ask lots of questions...i'm sure that between us we can give some sort of answer.
Bikes...they're in the blood.
Yamaha R1 2001
Yamaha FZR1000R EXUP 1990
KTM 450 EXC RFS 2004
Honda XR400R 1997
Honda CB125T2 1980
Yamaha FJ1200 3XW 1991

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal