Author Topic: Carb rebuild  (Read 3921 times)

Offline Multiman

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Carb rebuild
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2023, 02:59:50 PM »
My thoughts too.
Thanks for confirming.

Online Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2023, 03:05:55 PM »
I checked and it does appear they are timed not advanced. The small LED on the plate can be used to static time the engine as well.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 03:17:05 PM by Oddjob »
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline Multiman

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2023, 03:12:09 PM »
Yes thats how I set up the timing initially as per the instructions.
However I found that the led didn't switch on in a clearly defined way, it sort of increased in brightness over a few degrees.
Hence checking with a strobe at idle which I feel gave a more definite result.

Online Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2023, 03:18:01 PM »
Always a better way IMO, you know when the plugs firing that way. For initial setup I'd say it was ok for that.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2023, 09:41:20 AM »
Interesting field of work

"I should be able to make a quick video as I work in TV for a living.
My defence for the slightly weird captions etc is I haven't done any actual editing in decades, I mainly look after the colour correction side of things. My offspring say I do the colouring in.
I just had a quick go on iMovie as thats what I've got and it is a crap bit of software.
I'm going to teach myself another program called Resolve.
Once I've got my head round that, look out for the Directors Cut, it will be a belter."

I worked extensively in colour reproduction with still image/photography, not necessarily a conversation for parties etc  ;D but I found it fascinating nevertheless. 

Amusing just how much variance in many broadcast currently as they swap from camera to camera and specifically drone coverage with the colour rendition flip flopping all over the place.

Good to see the Honda clip well presented.

Offline Multiman

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2023, 01:36:46 PM »
Hey k2-k6 be good to compare notes one day.
The most fun is natural history, they use every possible available camera/format, preferably never used before, film across 2/3 years, across multiple countries and continents all lit by god and then they want to look like one continuous sequence of shots.
Fast, cheap or good. Choose any two....

Online taysidedragon

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2023, 03:22:32 PM »
A good mate of mine was a TV news editor before retiring. He pulls his hair out now because of the really poor sound quality on news reports. Budget cuts mean reporters using mobile phones or tablets to record, usually no remote microphone or sound cancelling technology.  Sound levels are all over the shop and often unlistenable.
Gareth

1977 CB400F
1965 T100SS

Offline Multiman

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2023, 05:01:44 PM »
Don't get me started.
Well just one anecdote.
Its worse in the cinema world as projectionists don't exist anymore.
The digital projectors just require a file of the correct type and the operators literally can either download a file or plug in a memory stick and hit play.
As long as it's the right movie for the schedule and there's picture and sound roughly in sync they are happy.

I worked on a Shaun the Sheep film and we spent hours checking everything was correct as "film" colour space is different to TV so it was a little new to us.
We did most of the work inn Bristol on our kit then the final colour tweak on a big screen in London with producer, director and director photography in attendance.
All good, what could possibly go wrong.
Delivery file made and there was a screening at a local cinema in Bristol for all the crew and families.

150 people at the viewing and speeches etc and then we all settle down to watch.

The pictures bore very little resemblance to the colours we have given them over many many hours, the projector was completely screwed.
The DOP and I just looked at each other and held our heads.
Tra la.
Hence the imortal buck passing phrase "It was alright leaving me"

In short at the cinema you might get the right "look" but might well not, but who would know.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal