SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB650

VIN Plate

(1/4) > >>

davefirestorm:
My 650 came from Canada I believe,DVLA have it as a 1984 bike on the V5.Would like to get it dated accurately and Honda want a photo of the VIN plate but there isn’t one on my bike and it’s been suggested to me that Canadian bikes didn’t always have the plates fitted they just have frame number stamped on frame.My bikes frame is powder coated and the number is not readable.VIN Plates can be bought I believe but are they exact copies with all info required on them?

Bryanj:
Not necessarily, i thought Honda uk were now only dating UK bikes, if so may be easier to got to vjmcc and get a dating letter

Bryanj:
Second to that i have the us id book with frame to year info so you could pm me the frame number and i will check in there for you

davefirestorm:
I gave Honda U.K. all the info on V5 and also that it was an imported bike possibly from Canada they are contacting Japan for more information.My mate had a VJMC dating certificate  rejected as insufficient proof.

davefirestorm:

--- Quote from: Bryanj on December 11, 2022, 12:50:49 PM ---Second to that i have the us id book with frame to year info so you could pm me the frame number and i will check in there for you

--- End quote ---

Thankyou Bryan I will message you👍

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version