Author Topic: Those 3 headlamp bowl collar washers question.  (Read 358 times)

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Those 3 headlamp bowl collar washers question.
« on: December 20, 2022, 02:54:56 PM »
I intend to fit the three collars that form part of the headlamp rim fittings as I have none in my old lamp unit to transfer.

Looking in the parts book a USA bowl uses 61304-292-000 wheras the UK uses 61303-292-000.

The UK part is shown on DS as no longer available but they stock the USA part does anyone know if there is much difference?
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Those 3 headlamp bowl collar washers question.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 03:03:33 PM »
It looks like you've misread the parts book Ted, 61303 is the earthing mount that holds the indicator stem in place and 61304 is the small top hat washers that the headlight mounting screws go through.

Trigger used to do the later in Stainless Steel as he sent me some a couple of years ago, whether he still sells them I couldn't say, depends on stock levels and whether he made a few that he's not sold.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 03:16:06 PM »
My CB1300 uses the same type of collar Ted but the part number is slightly different, 61304-379-690. Now that could just be because they are black instead of silver or made of a different metal but they are still available. I used the ones Trigger sent me on the 1300 and they fitted just fine so they clearly are the same design.

You should be able to order them online and have them posted if you don't have a Honda dealer nearby.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 03:28:47 PM »
It looks like you've misread the parts book Ted, 61303 is the earthing mount that holds the indicator stem in place and 61304 is the small top hat washers that the headlight mounting screws go through.

Trigger used to do the later in Stainless Steel as he sent me some a couple of years ago, whether he still sells them I couldn't say, depends on stock levels and whether he made a few that he's not sold.

Thanks Ken you are right methinks now.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal