Other Stuff > Misc / Open

It could only happen to us Boiler has shut down E110 I think

(1/16) > >>

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
I have an insurance cover contract direct with Baxi to cover us in case of breakdown that includes one  service a year.. They last serviced it in August 2021 and were booked to do a service last Friday -  they cancelled the appointment due to "unforseen circumstance" with a new appointment booked for mid February 2023 I was not a happy bunny.

Last night our boiler shut down with an error code E110 manual says "Safety thermostat or Condensate Safety Float Switch Operated".
Tried reset and boiler ran for 3 minutes & tripped out again. Its a Baxi Bermuda BBU 15HE unit so effectively built into  the fireplace with an electric fire at the front.

Contacted Baxi who can come out on the 27th of 28th to get an engineer to look at it. Contacted the firm who fitted the boiler in Sept 2014 they no longer repair Baxis only Worcester Bosch.

Just wrestled the washing macine out of the kitchen unit to check the condensate pipe is not blocked. Sucked out some water so the pipe is clear - had a blow down it as well. Drain connection clean & free at the waste pipe fittong. Tried the reset again so at the moment the boiler is trying to work again - I'm not hopeful.

Currently using three electric fires to keep the ground floor warm - turned up the water bed a couple of degrees. Thank goodness it's mild weather in DErby at the moment.

Rozabikes Tim:
Oh dear Ted, that's rough timing.

To think you were talking about the luxury of a heated garage this week ...

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: Rozabikes Tim on December 23, 2022, 10:01:37 PM ---Oh dear Ted, that's rough timing.

To think you were talking about the luxury of a heated garage this week ...

--- End quote ---

I've had to move the Prem-i-Air tower unit out of the garage into the Hall to keep the spine of the house warm - it's thermostat controlled unit so pretty good. Basic fan heater with thermostatic control to keep the smaller front lounge warm. Rear lounge is where the Baxi unit fireplace is but fire not thermostat controlled just choice of 1/2kw.
 Not going to freeze but less than ideal. I can see the leky meter working overtime for a few days.
Thank gawd it's not a heat pump system

K2-K6:
Hope they can get to you and sort something out promptly Ted, at least it's a little warmer than last week to help you cope with restricted temporary platoon of devices.

K2-K6:
Do you get any airlock in system, or need to bleed at any point Ted?

Seems there's possibility if flow is impeded to give this alarm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version