Other Stuff > Misc / Open

It could only happen to us Boiler has shut down E110 I think

<< < (2/16) > >>

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: K2-K6 on December 23, 2022, 11:26:58 PM ---Do you get any airlock in system, or need to bleed at any point Ted?

Seems there's possibility if flow is impeded to give this alarm.

--- End quote ---

The central heating is a fully pumped system with hot water cylinder & an Immersion heater (we use that in the summer rather than the gas boiler) we have four radiators that have no thermostats the other 6 radiators have thermostatic valves. The highest point in the heating loop is the tall type bathroom towel rail so any air in the system settles there - its free of air.

The error code E110 showed again after a few minutes running this evening - it has since 2014 had two replacement condensate pumps plus the two condensate level switches were replaced under warranty in 2018.  I suspect the level switch has failed again.

Thank goodness we have some back up with alternative means of water heating plus electric fires to keep the house warm. Ironically after 10 years without use we gave our SuperServe Gas bottle powered heater away as it took up too much garage space. 

Brings into focus how lucky we are compared to the people of Ukraine.

K2-K6:
Very true Ted in regards to others having such difficulties of even basic safety and peace in their lives.

Trigger:
We run on a kerosene boiler from 1985. Very easy to fix and service, was built before any E fault codes  ;)

JezzaPeach:
We recently replaced the PCB and gas valve (Vaillant) before ironically it turned out to be the HT ignition lead, cost £28. The old one had no continuity when tested with a multimeter! 🤦

Johnny4428:
My thoughts of that trauma are with you Ted. We have an oil burner too, no fancy error codes. It was fitted in 1999 in between Xmas and new year, after a festive breakdown. Not going to break in the summer when it’s not used I suppose. As trigger says very easy to repair and maintain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version