Author Topic: Honda CB750 Sandcast, K0, K1 newly manufactured Carb Intake / Airbox Clamp Sets (sets of 12 incl. JIS screws) - Honda part number is: 17255-300-000  (Read 598 times)

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Honda CB750 Sandcast, K0, K1  newly manufactured Carb Intake / Airbox Clamp Sets (sets of 12 incl. JIS screws)

In recent years I’ve been struggling to source good quality, used carb/airbox clamps for my Sandcast/K0 restorations.

These are the ‘flat’ finish, non-ribbed style clamps that were used on Sandcast, K0 and K1. K2/3 onwards used the ‘ribbed’ style.

The original Honda part number is: 17255-300-000

DSS/CMSNL can only supply the superseded Honda clamps (finished in a black painted finish) at a cost of £9.50 each. These have the ‘ribbed’ design and in my opinion just let down a concours/authentic restoration or rebuild.

The other issue with refurbishing original clamps is that quite often the original 5mm diameter clearance hole for the M4 screw (where the head of the screw ‘seats’ to provide the clamping force) suffers with deformation or ‘pull through’, which means that often very low clamping force is applied by the used clamp.

Consequently I’ve tooled up and had a small batch of reproduction clamps made to the original Honda specification for these machines. 

This is as exact a replica of the OEM / Honda part as I could produce at a reasonable cost.

These are manufactured with modern ‘medium carbon / high manganese spring steel’, and finished in a BZP finish. I’ve also sourced new OEM M4 screws from Japan (correct JIS spec with the ‘dot’ on the screw head).

I’ll be selling these first batch of 20 sets as a complete set of 12, for £120/set plus shipping.

Please drop me a direct message with your shipping details if you’re interested in purchasing a set. I’m happy to ship worldwide at cost (I’m based in the UK).

« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 11:42:13 PM by JamesH »

Offline Mr_Sheene

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Hello James, You won't remember me but you sold me a set of original carbs for my 1970 bike about four years ago. Sad to say that I got distracted and it still isn't finished but I intend to finish the bike this year come hell or high water before I'm too old to ride it. I would like a 'Clamp Set' if possible. If so, how do I pay you? I'm happy to pay up front and wait for clamps at your convenience. I'm a bit like 'Winny the Pooh', in that I 'can't decide'. One of the distractions was/is the bodywork. I was going to send everything off to Menno but I'm not happy with the DS side panels that came with the bike. You got me to thinking that I should bite the bullet and follow your example by purchasing a body set from Yamiya. Correct colour, mesh in the panels etc.  TTFN, Phil Lloyd.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Hi Phil,

Of course I remember you. Nice to hear from you again. I've had quite a few enquiries on the clamp sets, so I've setup an online shop to process the orders/payment. So you can pay with PayPal or a Credit Card.

I won't have physical stock from my supplier until the 6th Jan - but I'll quickly ship out straight after I receive them.

You'll be my first customer! - the shop is here:  www.carbclamps.com

Any problems - give me a shout.

James

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal