Author Topic: Anyone in the EU (not UK) who has a spare front and rear mudguard for a CB550F?  (Read 1414 times)

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Hey all

My fenders have rust holes. Looking to source new ones with good chrome and in good condition. Does anyone in here have something? In the EU preferably, as this whole exit thing rules out the UK for me. Unless anyone know of a way around import taxes etc. when shipping from UK to EU?

- Alex

EDIT: A sidenote to this - just found out that the aftermarket front mudguard from David Silver is way cheaper, almost half price, than the aftermarket mudguard from CMS. I wonder if I can get the DS version in the EU somewhere. Anybody knows anything about that?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 12:17:43 PM by alexdecker »

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
I am looking through this page as well, to see if I can find something suitable. But I honestly have no idea what specs the rear mudguard has. What does one have to look for when buying rear mudguards?

https://www.caferacerwebshop.com/en/the-bike/fenders/rear-fender/

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
DK twowheelspares in the UK have some
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 01:13:34 AM by McCabe-Thiele (Ted) »
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
For rear mudguards be more specific, do you want the 3 hole type or the 4 hole type? It would depend on what rear light bracket you currently have of course.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
For rear mudguards be more specific, do you want the 3 hole type or the 4 hole type? It would depend on what rear light bracket you currently have of course.

Well, Im just looking for a replacement mudguard. Not a OEM one, but anything that works. Would like something maybe slightly more bobbed than the factory look so I can fit a smaller tail light and tighten up the look of the backend. But otherwise I don't want to stray to far from the OEM look. But I am unsure what to look for in regards to fit etc.

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
I know you want to buy in Eu there are beakers in places like the Chek Republic like DK link below for DK.

Might be worth looking at a part from the UK I have had a number of used parts from this firm all were as described or better,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/dkmotorcyclespares?_trkparms=folent%3Adkmotorcyclespares%7Cfolenttp%3A1&_trksid=p3542580.m47492.l74602
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 11:32:30 AM by McCabe-Thiele (Ted) »
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
There you go!

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk

Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Thank you all for the replies! And Phil, thank you for the pictures! It looks exactly like the thing I want to do! I can just spot the mounting holes before the fender goes under the seat, but I can't see of you are actually using those mounting holes, or if they are empty?

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
A guy close me me locally is selling a front fender for a CB750 K0-K2. From what I can see on CMS, CB550F (my model) shares fender model with the CB750 K2. Can anyone with better knowledge and experience than me see if this fender will fit a CB550F?

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Interesting question Alex and one I can't say for certain if it will or won't as I've never owned a 750. However the front wheels are both 19" so the blade will fit, the brace however is different as are the stays. If you still have the brace off your old guard you could in theory swap them over, just use some 5mm bolts and domed headed nuts. This would also give you the brake line clamp which is welded onto the brace on the 550. The braces should fit the forks BUT the braces aren't the same as the 550 ones, whether the 550 braces if you still have them will fit the bolt holes in the guard is a question you should ask.

Depends on price, if it's a good price buy it and see if it fits, if it doesn't swap the brace over and it should then.

Offline Sesman

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Yes.

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Interesting question Alex and one I can't say for certain if it will or won't as I've never owned a 750. However the front wheels are both 19" so the blade will fit, the brace however is different as are the stays. If you still have the brace off your old guard you could in theory swap them over, just use some 5mm bolts and domed headed nuts. This would also give you the brake line clamp which is welded onto the brace on the 550. The braces should fit the forks BUT the braces aren't the same as the 550 ones, whether the 550 braces if you still have them will fit the bolt holes in the guard is a question you should ask.

Depends on price, if it's a good price buy it and see if it fits, if it doesn't swap the brace over and it should then.

Ah, thanks for that thorough explanation! It's not too good of a deal. Problem is my own braces look like sh** as well. So installing a new fender on old braces seems counterproductive :(

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Dave Silvers sells the same front fender for both 750 and 500, as far as i know the one he sells has rubber mounts and top hat washers at all the mountings where the 500 didnt so you need either all the mounts or penny washers

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
I'd rather chance being wrong that say it's 100% correct then find out after you splashed out the money that it isn't. I knew DS was selling 750 ones as fitting the 500/550 but which model 750 I wasn't sure and there are so many variations in the 750 I wasn't about to advise you wrongly Alex. Got to say though, the brace on the 750 looks different to the 550, if it turns out to be a problem just rechrome your old brace. Do not throw it away, it can be reused for other applications, like fitting a different blade on, the CB900FZ is perfect for the 500/550 and no more rust.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal