Author Topic: Question on front signal stems  (Read 659 times)

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Question on front signal stems
« on: January 27, 2023, 05:39:20 AM »
Hey all

So, I'm riding a CB550F2 from 1977, and I am doing a little winter work on it. Right now, my front indicators are mounted in the fork covers bottom thread. I want to fit a simpler headlight brace, and then mount the front indicators directly on the sides of the headlight. Trigger recommended me this part in another thread: https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB500K0-FOUR-1971/part_351532/

The part is from David Silver though, and I would prefer to order from CMS because if import taxes etc. Can anyone see if that specific stem is from a specific model I can look up on CMS and then get it from there? My knowledge of all the different models and bikes are not good enough to find this myself…

Offline Sesman

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Question on front signal stems
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 08:16:07 AM »
CB500 ko 1971? Just guessing😁

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 08:31:05 AM »

Holy sh**. Went into the thread right now, read the actual letters in the link, felt like an idiot and then read your comment 😂 You might be guessing right! Although when looking it up on CMS, it seems longer than the one Trigger recommended from DS. Sheesh - this parts game!

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 08:40:50 AM »
Look on www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk and if you want i will order and post on for you NOTE at moment posting on would have to be UPS as post office cant do posting overseas due to hacking

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2023, 11:38:27 AM »

Holy sh**. Went into the thread right now, read the actual letters in the link, felt like an idiot and then read your comment 😂 You might be guessing right! Although when looking it up on CMS, it seems longer than the one Trigger recommended from DS. Sheesh - this parts game!

You can also get them in Europe LINK >>
 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133696720362?hash=item1f20f20dea:g:tygAAOxysJxSPfEj

They are all the same middle part number of 268 for the 500 and 750 except later 750's like K6  ;)

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2023, 05:47:04 AM »

You can also get them in Europe LINK >>
 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133696720362?hash=item1f20f20dea:g:tygAAOxysJxSPfEj

They are all the same middle part number of 268 for the 500 and 750 except later 750's like K6  ;)

Ah, marvellous! I don't know why I hadn't thought yet that eBay could be a good resource in Europe for parts - but my oh my was I mistaken!

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 05:56:28 AM »
Look on www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk and if you want i will order and post on for you NOTE at moment posting on would have to be UPS as post office cant do posting overseas due to hacking

That was such a nice offer, thank you so much! But after finding the part in Germany, I will just do it myself and save you the time and trouble. Really appreciate it though!

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2023, 06:47:08 AM »
If you are selling the old F2 stems can I have first refusal please Alex, especially if you’re selling the rears as well.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023, 07:09:09 PM »
If you are selling the old F2 stems can I have first refusal please Alex, especially if you’re selling the rears as well.

I have just only sourced a rear set - have been missing them for some time! Are the front stems of any worth? I thought they were easy enough to find?

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2023, 07:24:01 PM »
Original F2 stems are pretty rare TBH, they should be threaded on the ends, male thread not female like the F1. The fork ears are also hard to source, so if you're getting rid let me know, depends on condition of course.

If you see any more F type rear stems let me know. Hard to find in the UK.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2023, 07:47:41 PM »
Original F2 stems are pretty rare TBH, they should be threaded on the ends, male thread not female like the F1. The fork ears are also hard to source, so if you're getting rid let me know, depends on condition of course.

If you see any more F type rear stems let me know. Hard to find in the UK.

I will! When I have resolved this whole stem situation (front and back) I will get back to you with leftover pieces 😊 Hope you have a good rechromer on hand though 😳

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal